Snippet #14

S- Okay. Our final snippet will feature the most important person involved in the entire show. 

D- He's the executive producer of every episode and the narrator of every episode.

L- It's the biggest pleasure to have him in this trivia book. It's William Dozier.

W.D- Hello, kids! 

S- Gawrsh, Mr Dozier. We're so glad to have you.

D- Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. This is our biggest question for you. How'd you come up with the show? Did you really know how to bring Batman to life when ABC asked you to produce it?

W.D- What you have to understand about that, Deric, is that I made the show so campy because that's just how I looked at Batman from the start.

S- Why's that, sir?

W.D- Well, back then, I had never heard of Batman. 

L- Oh yeah. Comic books probably weren't around when you were a kid. 

W.D- Oh, they were. I just never read comic books as a kid. My parents wouldn't allow me to. So because of that, I had never even seen a Batman comic book. 

S- Then how the heck did you agree to a TV show about him?

W.D- Well, naturally, I didn't admit any of this to the network and I said 'let me think about it'.

S- Thank god you decided to do it. We wouldn't be here today.

L- Now tell us about your narration. Why did you do it yourself?

W.D- Well, I had tried other professional narrators. They did well, but none of them had the right voice for it. So I wanted something done and I did it myself.

D- Wow! That's amazing! 

L- Thank you, Mr Dozier!