002 : a chance encounter.

may 25th, 2021

********

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??
IM SO ANNOYED RIGHT NOW

uh hello to you too

sorry i have nobody else to talk to right now

no its fine
you can continue
i don't have much going on anyways

ok THANK YOU
literally this one starship trainee WAS SO ANNOYING
she kept laughing about how i didn't get into IVE BUT
b****  you didn't even make it either so
IDK WHY UR LAUGHING

no swearing in the chats!

OH SHUT UP ROBOT

calm down strawberry
i think you've gone far enough
you just said shut up to a robot

maybe your right BUT
SHE JUST MAKES ME SO MAD

just take a deep breath

okay i feel a bit better
thanks penguin

well you gotta be stress free for the audition

oh right
the audition
should i really go???

why are you doubting?
i thought you wanted to debut

i do
but like
what happens if i put my whole life into training
just to be pushed aside again?
can I really deal with that???

i get that
i was supposed to be in this
competition for figure skating

but then i got sick and
they replaced me so quickly
i didn't even get to be in the next one because they thought that i would bail again

oh i'm sorry

no it's fine
i just hope you rethink your choice
i'd love to see you on stage sometime
even if i don't know your name

i wish we could just tell eachother
but this stupid hotline wants to wait a month

it's both smart and dumb honestly
but i guess we'll have to wait

yep
but anyways i was going to get some gong cha
before that b word bumped into the me on the streets

okay i actually have to get somewhere now
bye strawberry

bye penguin

— —

haerin walked down the busy streets, her eyes turning away from her phone after ending her conversation with her mystery 'penguin'

as she looked up at the gong cha sign a few feet away from her, she suddenly collided with a 5 foot 10 boy with black hair.

she looked up, making eye contact with the boy who had bumped into her. it was like a spark had gone off in her stomach, what was this feeling?

he looked at her quickly before looking behind him and running off without saying a word. his friend promptly reached the point where haerin was, stopping to speak with her quickly.

"i'm sorry about my friend, he's shy," another 5 foot 10 with a sharp jawline and black hair appeared in front of her, "HEY PARK SUNGHOON!"

as she watched the boy run after his friend, haerin slowly started regaining her mindset.

"did he just... bump into me and run off without saying anything?" haerin scoffed, looking offended. "good-looking people these days."

she turned back in the direction of the gong cha, walking in into the shop.

— —

"what should i text?" sunghoon muttered, sitting up on his bed at ten as he had his phone out.

"do i ask her about her day? what food she ate?" he tilted his head, still in thought about what to text haerin.

surprisingly the two had talked often every day after they met four days ago, both ends trying to be patient until their month was up because their curiosity had gotten the best of them.

"sunghoon, i want quiet!" jay yelled from the bottom bunk as he was trying to sleep through the boy's self-talk.

"sorry," sunghoon apologized, exhaling as he ran his hand through his hair, "but seriously! i don't know what to say!"

"just text a 'hi' goddammit!" heeseung yelled, covering his face with a pillow.

"please, just shut up and let us sleep!" jake added on, letting out a groan as he tossed and turned in his bed.

sunghoon had finally stopped talking through all the remarks of his members, pressing on the dating hotline app as well as haerin, also known as strawberry,'s profile.

"you know, as the people who made me download this app, i thought you'd be a little bit more supportive!" he muttered, hearing groans from his members once again.

"we can be supportive when you don't talk to yourself at ten at night about what to say to your girlfriend," jungwon spoke, his eyes closed to prevent him from staying awake any longer.

"hey! she's not my girlfriend, she's like... my friend, we have a lot in common," sunghoon defended, "and she might even become a trainee here so!"

"okay, lover boy," sunoo gagged, hugging tightly onto his plushie as he nuzzled his face closer to the pillow for a chance to sleep.

"you should be glad i dared you to download the app," ni-ki exhaled, pulling his pillow over his head.

with all the members of enhypen slowly falling asleep, all was left was sunghoon and his thoughts.

he was glad he met strawberry, it felt as if she was the missing puzzle piece within him. it just felt right to be talking with her, all her rants and all the interests that they share.

he felt as if they had known each other before, but did they?