005 : is this goodbye?

june 10th, 2021

haerin walked into the office of hybe's main building, looking around at the other five girls in the room along with a few executives and staff members.

amongst the five girls, haerin immediately recognized hyemin and sent her a short wave before a man started speaking.

"welcome, song haerin," a man sitting in the middle seat greeted, gesturing over at an empty seat for her to sit.

she quietly sat down next to a light brown-haired girl while the man began speaking.

"well, we've been chatting and after considerations," he spoke, "we'll be debuting the six of you by the end of 2021."

the room filled with gasps, looks of shock and excitement except for one particular person.

"but she hasn't even been training for a long time, how come she's debuting with us?" a girl with a ponytail and hat gestured toward haerin, causing the others to go silent.

"well, haerin's an important aspect as to why we decided to debut you girls now," a woman responded, "her skills are on par to what we are looking for currently."

though the girl went silent, it was clear that she was upset over it. haerin understood her though, getting to debut after two weeks of practicing?

she had probably been training for years and now haerin came into the picture, being the person who helped her debut.

"you will be moving into the dorms together next week and practice will continue together. we have some demos set up for you all to listen to as well," they announced, "you may exit now."

the girls all bowed before getting up out of their seats to leave the office.

"i'm actually debuting!?" haerin thought, excitedly jumping before an arm was wrapped around her shoulders.

"we're debuting together!" hyemin exclaimed, "i'm so happy, i thought they weren't going to include you — but your the reason we're debuting~"

"i'm honestly as surprised as you... i thought they were about to kick me out when i got that phone call," haerin shook her head, her palm pressing against her chest.

"i can't believe i have to debut with a newbie," the girl in front of haerin scoffed, glancing back at the latter with a scowl.

"don't mind areum, she'll get used to you," hyemin whispered in assurance, "when we get our dorms, WE are rooming together!"

"i wouldn't have it any other way," haerin grinned, hugging onto hyemin's waist as she put her head on hyemin's shoulder as they walked to the practice room.

after they met on the day haerin had her audition, the two became close since haerin had officially became a trainee. hyemin was like the older sister that haerin always wished for even if they were only a few weeks apart.

— —

"how are things going with you and... what's her name again?" jake asked, taking a big bite out of his cereal.

"keep it down, would you?" sunghoon looked behind him to see if their manager was watching before turning back to jake, "things are fine."

"really, you look tired though," jake pointed out the increased eye bags under sunghoon's eyes.

"i just get caught up talking to her, that's all," sunghoon shrugged, picking up his spoon.

"well, things are going well then," jake grinned at him before going back to eating his cereal.

"sure, you could say that.." sunghoon muttered, looking down at his empty bowl of milk.

"hey sunghoon, can i talk to you?" their manager popped his head into the small dining area, gesturing to his room.

"uh sure," sunghoon slid out of his seat, walking to where his manager was.

********

can we talk??

oh hi :P
hows ur day

its okay
i guess

i have some news for you 😯

me too actually

oh you can go first

no you can

nopees mines is probably
less important than yours

you can go

okay so
i dont know how to explain this
but i cant talk to you anymore

oh
what happened?

i cant really say
im not even supposed to be talking to you rn
but say what you wanted to say

no i dont want you to be in trouble
or whatever reason you want to stop

but it was fun talking to you
these past two weeks

we were so close to figuring
out eachother's identities 🤕

i know
im sorry
i'll try to come back on here sometime
but its better for me to not right now

its fine
bye penguin

bye strawberry