006 : a clash at be:lift.

june 17th, 2021

almost two weeks had passed since haerin and sunghoon decided to stop talking to one another — yet she kept doing it. every morning she would text him good morning and every night, she would text him good night.

it was as if his last words of him trying to come back onto the app stuck with her, giving her hope that he would return and they would talk again.

even if they had just talked for two weeks, she felt this connection to him that she couldn't detain. as if they'd known eachother for such a long time.

"haerin, people are coming to the practice room so you gotta help clean!" hyemin exclaimed, looking over at the girl on her phone.

"sorry, sorry!" haerin apologized, running to pick up a broom from hyemin.

"oh, of course, she's the one not helping," areum scowled as she wiped down the mirrors.

"what's your problem with haerin, she's so nice?" one of the girls asked.

"you see eunkyo, types of girls like her — i don't like them. they think they can just prance into this building and act as they own it," areum sternly pointed a finger toward haerin, "we're the ones who have been training, she passes a mere audition and she joins the group? it's just not fair to us."

"well, she's talented and she had trained," eunkyo defended, "maybe you should go get a cup of coffee or something, you seem grumpy."

eunkyo then walked away from areum, leaving the frustrated girl to clean the mirrors by herself.

"i'm gonna go grab a water real quick," haerin whispered to hyemin, slowly jogging out of the room to the cafeteria.

but before she got there, haerin bumped into someone as she looked down at her phone.

"i'm sorry- wait," she paused, examining the boy's face, "you're that guy that bumped into me before!"

"w...what?" he stammered, looking shocked to see haerin standing infront of him.

"who walks away after bumping into someone? you clearly saw me, you stared at me for a good five seconds," haerin scolded and was going to continue before they were interrupted.

"haerin!" hyemin yelled, running up to the girl, "i am so sorry about her sunbae... let's go get you that water."

before anything else could happen, hyemin quickly pulled haerin forward with her arm wrapped around haerin's neck.

"but, he bumped into me and didn't even apologize! it's not my fault, just basic human respect," haerin complained.

"i know you have a temper sweetheart, but that was enhypen sunbaenim's park sunghoon," hyemin patted her back, "you cannot say stuff like that."

"okay, fine," haerin exhaled, "but i will not apologize for it until he apologizes for bumping into me."

"i can't stop you there," hyemin chuckled, "let's get a few snacks for the girls and head back."

— —

"alright girls, they'll be here soon so get into line," their manager spoke, gesturing for them to stand infront of the door.

soon, there was a knock on the door followed by it opening along with chatter. then seven boys walked into the room, including the boy haerin dreaded seeing.

haerin looked over at hyemin who was beside her, giving her a look of "what do i do?" with hyemin just mouthing to stay still for now.

"one two, connect! hi, we're enhypen!" the group greeted after they lined up, bowing to the six girls infront of them.

"uh, they don't have a group name yet so they'll be introducing themselves," the girl's manager informed, pointing at the girl nearest to her.

"hello, i'm kang hanbyeol, nice to meet you," she bowed before fixing her hair and looking toward the girl next to her.

"hello, i'm lee areum," areum slightly bowed, a visible fake smile on her face.

"hello, i'm kim jieun! nice to meet you all," she waved her hands before bowing.

"hello, i'm jang eunkyo," she greeted, following the other girl's previous movements.

"hello, i'm lee hyemin!" hyemin introduced, quickly waving her hands and bowing before it was finally haerin's turn.

she waited for hyemin to finish her bow before opening her mouth to talk.

"hi, i'm song haerin," she slightly smiled, bowing to the seven boys.

"why is that name so familiar?" sunghoon thought, thinking about who she may have been.

"oh! you went to hanlim right?" sunoo had his hand over his mouth as he remembered seeing haerin in some of his classes.

haerin only nodded, an embarrassed smile on her face after being recognized.

"she was sunoo's classmate? maybe he mentioned her before," sunghoon disposed of all his previous thoughts.

they all clapped their hands before both of their managers had them stand next to eachother while they talked.

"now, we're going to take you all to the girl's dorm so you guys can get to know eachother," enhypen's manager said, "you'll be doing some reality shows together aswell as company bonding time."

"woah, that sounds fun!" jungwon muttered, clapping his hands together.

"yeah, so two vans will pull up shortly so you two will be brought to the apartment complex," the girl's manager added.

"what about you two?" hyemin asked, peaking her head out to look at the two managers.

"we're going to get some food for you guys after we get to the apartment complex," they explained, "so let's go, the vans are outside."

the two groups walked outside with their managers, where they found the two vans awaiting them.

— —

"wait... why are we at our apartment complex!?" heeseung almost shouted, looking out the window to the familiar building.

"i thought we were supposed to help them move in and clean up?" jungwon looked out the window after hearing heeseung's words.

"man, i wanted to talk with haerin! i haven't talked with her since she graduated," sunoo frowned, fumbling with his fingers.

"wait, guys," jay spoke, after spotting the girl's van had also arrived beside them, "the girls are here too!"

"are they... moving into this complex?" ni-ki said confused, scratching his head.

"they are," their manager responded, "we thought it would work out well since you'll be spending time with one another."

"since when did hybe allow this?" jake let out a laugh, leaning back in his seat as the van pulled up to the apartment.

the two groups exited the vans, greeting eachother before they walked into the complex behind their managers.

"and here are the keys," the girl's manager spoke, placing the keys into hyemin's hands.

"room 507?" hyemin read off the card, earning gasps from the boys.

"thats... right next to ours," sunghoon muttered, covering his mouth.