016 : my heart belongs with you.

july 11th, 2021

"so, you two are dating now?" flare's manager asked, tapping her foot against the floor as she looked down at the two sitting on the couch.

"no! yes? maybe!" they both shouted in unison, looking at eachother once awkwardly.

"i knew something was going on after what happened yesterday," sunghoon's manager sighed, causing a reaction from his girlfriend.

"what!? did you know about this? and you didn't bother to tell me?" haerin's manager scoffed, feeling anger inside of her burn.

"hey, let's not fight infront of the kids," he dismissed, "you two, get your stuff sorted out and we can talk later. end of discussion!"

"oh it's definitely not the end of THIS discussion," the girl's manager spoke, pulling him into his room which left sunghoon and haerin by themselves.

but before anything could happen, haerin stood up and started gathering her stuff.

"woah, aren't we supposed to sort through our stuff?" sunghoon asked, standing up from the couch.

"maybe... this shouldn't happen," haerin exhaled, "it seems so... impossible, i don't think this should be happening."

"i thought you liked me..?" sunghoon muttered, feeling hurt at how things were going.

"i do, but... this could never work and you know that," haerin spoke, "a pre-debut idol and one of the most popular fourth-gen idols dating?"

"did you hear how stressed my manager was? imagine how stressed the pr team would be, how the whole company would be. i can't do that," haerin shook her head, "i'm sorry sunghoon."

"haerin, why don't you listen to yourself for once?" sunghoon asked softly, "you always care about other people, it's never you. first, it was starship, then it was areum, and now this?"

"i guess that's just who i am," haerin shrugged, "my dad taught me to live like this, i don't know any other way."

"again, i'm sorry sunghoon... i just don't see how this could work out," haerin shook her head, starting to back away from him.

may 15th, 2016

"i don't know why you gotta go off and do this k-pop crap," haerin's dad said, "it's a health risk to your LRTI, you just finished treatment a year ago."

"don't you understand that it's something i want to do?" haerin asked, "these past three years, you've kept me in this house away from any fun!"

"i couldn't do clubs because of my checkups, i couldn't hang out with my friends because they apparently didn't care about my well-being, and you made me quit ice skating!" haerin exploded, "i'm a teenager now, you can't just expect me to be like this forever!"

july 14th, 2021

it had been a few days since the "argument" that sunghoon and haerin had. it seemed as if everything had gone back to the way it was before haerin and sunghoon met. it seemed as if sunghoon had finally given up on her.

haerin sat in the kitchen, drinking her peach water as she looked at her phone. the girls had been given an off day since their recording would be edited.

after almost two months of working on their debut album, everything was coming together quite nicely. all the girls got along, they were praised during practices — haerin's dream had come true after all her waiting.

just as haerin was in her thoughts, the doorbell rang which made her get up from the kitchen island to the door. but when she opened it, she was surprised to be met with park sunghoon.