025 : an unexpected visit.

september 25th, 2021

"are you sure you girls will be okay without me?" haerin asked as she put on her sweater, ready to walk out of the dorm.

"we'll be fine!" hyemin assured, "you go have a nice talk with your aunt, we can keep up."

"yeah, it's totally okay," eunkyo nodded her head, slightly pushing the girl toward the door, "you've done so much for us, we can do this for you."

"thanks, girls, well then i'll get going!" haerin waved her hands as she closed the door, bidding the girls farewell.

an hour's trip to the countryside went by and haerin appeared infront of the house that belonged to her own aunt.

after her aunt came to hyemin's house, she had left her address for haerin after she ran to sunghoon's house in case she wanted to catch up — so here she was.

as haerin took a deep breath, gripping her purse while she hesitated to walk up to the door and knock — she suddenly heard someone grab onto her shoulders.

"what the fuck!" haerin turned around and hit the mysterious figure in the gut, "park sunghoon? have you gone crazy!?"

"give me.. a minute," sunghoon groaned, his hand holding the area where haerin had hit him, "okay.. ask your questions."

"why are you here!?" haerin shouted, about to hit him with her purse as he backed away.

"woah, calm down!" sunghoon walked a few backs as he held his hands out to prevent haerin from hitting him, "it's simple!"

"i followed you here after you left your dorm," sunghoon spoke with normalcy as if he didn't just commit a crime.

"and what if somebody saw us? they would've thought we were going somewhere together!" haerin scolded, crossing her arms.

"don't worry, i wore a hat!" sunghoon gave her an expression of enthusiasm, showing the black cap he had worn the whole way there.

"you idiot.." haerin looked at him with a look of disbelief, flicking him in the forehead, "go back and practice! this is my business."

"well~ i assumed you would back out if i didn't push you, so here i am!" sunghoon smiled brightly, which haerin couldn't resist, "pleaseeeee let me stay?"

"ugh... alright, fine!" haerin mentally hit her own forehead, "you better be on your best behavior, got it?"

"yes, ma'am!" sunghoon nodded his head, jumping up slightly as the two made their way to the front door.

haerin knocked on the door twice before ringing the doorbell, hearing steady footsteps coming toward the door until there was a jingle as the door was unlocked and opened.

"haerin-ah?" her aunt almost jumped in surprise, "i see you've brought a handsome gentleman.. this is such a surprise, what are you doing here?"

"we.. actually have been meaning to talk to you about something," haerin spoke softly, feeling sunghoon's grip on her hand tighten as a way of assuring her.

"well, come on in!" her aunt gestured for the two to come in as she walked toward the dining room, "it's funny your here honestly, and on my day off too."

haerin's aunt placed three cups on the table, pouring hot tea into them before sitting down in front of them.

"so what did you want to talk about?" haerin's aunt questioned, holding her own hands against the table, "actually! haerin, can you go get some snacks from the kitchen?"

"uh.. sure?" haerin stood up and walked away, leaving sunghoon and her aunt alone.

"soooo are you two dating?" her aunt asked, leaning forward with a grin on her face as she saw the shocked look on sunghoon's face.