Quirk: Smoke

This book is greatly inspired by Wisp by Diamondragon23. I recommend you read it, it's a really good story. This book will be basically a spinoff of the Wisp. There will be some changes here which you will notice if you read Wisp, but I hope you like the story and if you do, please like and comment.

In this story Izuku is born a year earlier along a certain blond dynamite. Izuku will have the smoke powers of Delsin Rowe from infamous second son.

It all began in china, Qing Qing city with a news of a baby giving off a shining light. Since then countless of reports about people with superpowers began popping up worldwide, with no identifiable cause, before long the supernatural became the normal and dreams a reality. The world became a superhuman society with about eighty percent of the world's population having some unique ability. As time went on and the streets became filled with chaos and confusion, a new profession became dominant, something people dream about. It was an age of heroes.

With most of the population having superpowers called quirks, it caused an explosive increase in crime, with courageous people taking matters in their own hands, due to slow government reforms. These people are known as superheroes who found an official place in society.

"Mom! I can't wait to know about my quirk!" A four years old boy said. He has emerald green eyes and hair with freckles on his cheeks. His name was Izuku Midoriya. His dream was to become a hero. Ever since Izuku found out heroes, he wanted to become one to help others with a smile on his face and fearlessness in his eyes. But today, Izuku will learn that not all men are created equal.

Izuku was currently sitting down at the hospital chair with his mother right next to him. He was currently being checked out to see when his quirk would manifest. The doctor came into the room and placed an x ray of Izuku's foot on the screen. He sat down to face them.

"Congratulations Izuku. You have a quirk" the doctor said.

Izuku starts jumping on the chair. "I have a quirk! I have a quirk! I have a quirk! I'm going to become a hero! Just like All Might!" He yells excitedly.

"Izu, calm down. You don't even know what your quirk is?" His mother Inko Midoriya said.

He started to calm down and sat down. The doctor has a sad smile on his face. "Your son's quirk is a combination of your weak telekinesis and your husband's fire breathing quirks. Izuku's quirk is smoke manipulation. He can create, shape and manipulate his smoke. He's also immune to any form of gas including poisonous ones"

"COOL!!" I yelled.

"But I'm sorry to say that his quirk is not suitable for hero work" the doctor said, shocking the mother. "I know how much Izuku wants to become a hero but his quirk is very weak and won't be that much help. Take my advice Inko, don't let him become one"

Inko gets up along with Izuku and leave. Inko was worried for her son's safety while Izuku, let's just say....he didn't give a damn of what the doctor said. He was just happy that he has a quirk and he's going to prove to everyone that he can become a hero.

Six months later, Izuku developed his smoke quirk and he loved it. He could create, shape and manipulate his smoke. He has prefect amount of control over his smoke he could influence. Izuku was content with his quirk. The other children...were not.

His best friend Katsuki Bakugou or Kacchan as Izuku would call him developed his own quirk a month before Izuku. He could secrete nitroglycerin like sweat from the sweat glands on the palm of his hands and make it explode. Katsuki was praised for his quirk and his ego grew like the size of a mountain, making him believe he's superior to everyone. While Izuku was mocked and sometimes bullied by other kids especially Katsuki. Katsuki even called him Deku which means useless. A useless boy with a useless quirk.

So Izuku played alone. Playing with his only friend, his quirk. One day Izuku was playing a new All Might video game. He just finished defeating the final boss and watches the ending cutscenes. A cutscene he will never forget and will always keep to his heart.

"REMEMBER! Anyone can be a hero! It doesn't matter where you come from, whether you have strong, flashy, weak, villainous or no quirk at all, with the right skills, training and support, you can become a hero! Most importantly, NEVER let anyone else decide who you are or what you should be!"

So Izuku watches martial arts and self defense online. He only learned the basics, like how to throw a punch and kick, how to dodge and disarm an opponent. He trained his body everyday. Running every morning and lifting weights, gaining toned muscles and abs in the process. He also write down notes about everything he learns in regards to heroes, quirks and fighting capabilities. Thanks to this practice, Izuku has developed a great analytical mind and can form complex battle plans in a few seconds, factoring in the best ways he can utilize the quirks of allies and enemies alike for his own advantage.

During the years, Izuku could perfectly control his smoke abilities. He can absorb smoke to increase his strength and abilities. Thanks to his training, his smoke powers now has orange streaks of light, similar in appearance like the smoke of a normal wood fire. Izuku learns that his smoke attacks can be powerful if combined with a melee weapon. So Izuku brought a metal bat. He channel his powers into the bat, superheats it and allows him to use it as a powerful weapon that explodes in a small puff of embers and ash upon contact with enemies, thereby creating a much more efficient way of taking down enemies.

Izuku has an ability called smoke thrusters. When using this power he expels smoke from his arms, boosting his upwards momentum and slowing his descent, allowing him to glide. Another ability, the smoke shot, has an appearance of a fireball. It can be fired off very quickly, but it has a low damage output. The travel speed on the projectile makes it suitable for close and mid range combat, but not long range. The shot can also be charged and shot in a large blast. He created an ultimate move called full blast. He emits a large amount of smoke, greatly hindering his opponents vision as well as potentially his own if he's not careful.

Unknown to Izuku, a skinny man have been watching him for the longest time. The stranger watched in awe as the boy trained his weak quirk to a strong and useful one. He was even inspired by Izuku, being reminded the reasons why he's a hero.

"Such drive. He's definitely the one" he said to himself. "I will not approach him, not yet"