Declaration

IZUKU'S POV

It had been two weeks since I've been in U.A. The school was quite fun. My roommate is a strong and cool person to have around, the subjects were enjoyable and the pro heroes who were teachers were all awesome, well apart from Aizawa-sensei and Nemuri-sensei's hell training.

Everyday without fail, I meet them in one of the training halls or testing ground. Nemuri-sensei insisted that I trained shirtless in front of her while at U.A, she thinks this might build up my confidence which I'm hoping for. Aizawa-sensei makes me do some basic exercises, a lap or two around the main building, lift weights for maybe an hour. They teach me basic hand to hand combat which is improving. Then do some hellish quirk training for several hours before English.

Then Aizawa-sensei and I went to the Unforeseen Simulation Joint or U.S.J for rescue training. We met the rescue hero thirteen. She designed the large dome to stimulate the most common disasters a hero will eventually face. The facility has a lake, a mountain, a pair of separate domes altogether covered in painted flames and blue waves, a crumbling city and a rocky mountain.

The lesson with thirteen was very informative. She taught me what to look for in unstable infrastructure, how to tell if something was load bearing and other useful tips about rescue work in an unstable building. I would have one rescue lesson a week, moving to a new zone in a repeating loop completely mock rescue missions that became gradually more complex and risky.

In the meantime, the sessions with Aizawa-sensei and Nemuri-sensei had gotten harder. I'm mastering my new skill, smoke dash. It allows me to turn into a cloud of smoke and quickly relocate. I can use it to pass structures with openings like chain link fences, iron bars and pipe like structures. I can use ventilation systems to my advantage to appear almost instantly on the roof of a building, by using the dash while facing a vent at the base of a building. I've also increase the amount of smoke shots that can be fired in one burst. Since I can produce smoke from the sweat glands of my body, the drawback is that producing too much, particularly large ones eventually result in throbbing pain to my entire body, so I'm working on that.

"Midoriya, the U.A sports festival is drawing near" Aizawa-sensei said.

"The sport festival!" I yell excited.

"This event is a huge opportunity for all students of U.A. All the top heroes around the country will be watching for scouting purpose" Aizawa-sensei explains. "You'll be granted two weeks to train for it properly. I expect you to go all out in today's festival. So go plus ultra and make me proud" he said with slight excitement in his voice. I smirk and want to tease him for saying I should make him proud. My smirk immediately faded as soon as he glared at me with his red eyes. "Don't you dare" he warned me and left the room.

The rest of the day proceeded with me having normal classes. The bell rang for the lunch break and I pack my stuff to leave. When I opened the door, I was stopped by a crowd of students from different classes and courses.

"So this is the sole student of class 1-A?"

"He doesn't look that strong"

"I can take him"

"Whoa! They weren't kidding! The teacher really did expelled everyone!"

"Uh. Umm. Can I help you guys?" I asked.

"Don't get so full of yourself! Some of us here didn't make it into the hero course! We have a chance now! If any of us win the sports festival, they'll transfer us into the hero course!" A student said. "Can't wait to kick your ass!"

I start trembling. "Um, okay. I wish you all best of luck" the students were surprised to hear me say that. I start getting nervous. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No, they're just surprised to hear that from you. They expected you'll be cocky or arrogant since you're the only one in the hero course. Looks like they're wrong" a blond haired girl walked towards me. "Haven't you guys heard the saying, don't judge a book by its cover. Hey there cutie, my name is Himiko Kan. I wish you luck at the festivals as well"

A black haired boy stood next to her and yells. "Hey! Hey! My name is Takeshi Souma, I'm from class 1-C! You're the Class 1-A student! Don't worry buddy! You won't be alone anymore!"

I smile. "Wow...um thanks"

Soon the class dispersed and I sighed in relief. "Gosh, I thought they were gonna fight me" I said as I touch my chest. I went to the cafeteria to get some food. After that, I went back to class only to see Aizawa-sensei waiting for me.

"Midoriya, head to the principal's office. Nezu wants to speak with you" he said.

"What does he want to see me for?" I asked, hoping I didn't do anything wrong. Aizawa-sensei just shrugs. We both went to the office and I knocked on the door.

"Please come in" we heard from the inside and went in. "Good afternoon young Midoriya" Nezu greeted and drinks his tea.

"Good afternoon principal Nezu" I greeted. "Aizawa-sensei said you wanted to see me. Is something the matter?"

"Please take a seat young Midoriya, you too as well Aizawa" he gestured as we both sat down and listen to what he has to say. "So...Aizawa, when were you going to tell me about this?" He placed some books on the table. My hero analysis books! I was shocked. How did he get his hands on them? Aizawa-sensei was sweating bullets.

"Those are my hero analysis books" I said. "Why do you have them, sir?"

"That is not important. What's important are these books" Nezu said as he opens one of the books and reads it. "Young Midoriya, your work is impressive. They are a bit sloppy, but for you to do this at your age is honestly amazing. The level of info and theories are on the level of professionals. It just needed to be refined and guided and it would rival my own. Tell me, why did you develop this habit?"

"I started these journals to help my plans of being a hero, back then my quirk was very weak" I answered. I looked at Aizawa-sensei who was still sweating. "He looks scared"

"Interesting. A student with the strength of a pro hero plus with a mind that can rival mine would be a powerful hero" Nezu smiled.

"And a scary hero" Aizawa-sensei mumbles.

Nezu sips his tea and continues. "Young Midoriya, with such deduction skills and an analytical mind, I want you to become my personal student. You will attend my class every Monday once a week in this office. The choice is yours"

At this point, I was on the verge of crying. I quickly wipe my tears with my sleeve. "Thank...you. I accept the offer" was all I said.

"There's no need to cry young Midoriya. You're a brilliant student with such potential. The world will need someone like you in the future" he said with a smile. "And Aizawa, please do not hide such an important information from me again"

"Yeah, yeah" he mumbles.

"Now then, you can leave and head to class" Nezu dismissed us.

"Yes sir!" I said. Aizawa-sensei and I left the office and head to class.