Chapter 8

POV: Cairo

  Time skip...

Letting out a long yawn, I make my way to the cafeteria. I can't wait to go home and take a long nap cause school is really draining my energy.

Now standing outside the cafeteria doors, I could hear the loud talking of students.

Rubbing my temples as I could feel a headache approaching. I just let out a sigh, mentally preparing myself and pushed open the door. The loud chatter making me groan.

Trying to see if I could spot Skaya, I look around the huge cafeteria which had a lot of open space. The light coming through from the floor to ceiling windows brightening up the place.

My search for Skaya was cut short when I saw her waving me over to the table she was sitting at, practically bouncing in her seat.

Making my way towards her I avoid the stares from the many students, though there was one particular set of eyes that felt like it was burning into the deepest depths of my soul, turning to see who it was my eyes lock on whoever it was.

It was a golden blond haired girl who was sitting at a table in the very center of the cafeteria, serounded by a bunch of footballers and some girls who I'm guessing are cheerleaders, due to the very, very  tight crop tops and short skirts, laughing at whatever it is they were talking about. The sound of their laughter sounding more like screeching witches worsening my headache.

Turning back to Skaya I finally make it to the table she was sitting at.

"Hey"

"Hi, so how has your first day been so far?" She asks as she pulls her hair up into a messy bun causing a few shorter pieces of hair to fall out, framing her face.

"It's been ok I guess, but I think my history teacher Mr Grant doesn't like me...like at all." I say remembering the mean scowls he kept throwing at me as if I gruesomely murdered his cat or something, rolling my eyes at the thought.

"Don't mind him he's alway been like that" she says with a small smile. "I've been meaning to ask if you e chosen what you want to do for an extra curricular activity after school since it's kinda mandatory for some odd reason."

"No I don't even know what there is to do." I say shrugging my shoulders before turning to look towards the line at the front of the cafeteria, letting out a groan at the amount of people.

"I can get you a list if you want?"

"Yeah sure, I'm bout to go to get something to eat, you want anything?" I said while standing up, looking at her awaiting her answer.

"I'll have a carton of milk please."

I said a quick ok before walking off. As I make my way to the front my path gets blocked by someone.

Looking up I'm met with the same girl from before. The strong scent of her perfume annoying smell burning my nose. The immense urge to sneeze immediately hit me.

"Hi" she says her voice sounding a pitch to hight, a bright yet fake smile on her face and a hand stretched out as to shack my own, " My names Lola."

I simply raised a brow, looking down at her still outstretched hand not making any attempt of shaking it.

Seeing this she retracts her hand. "You must be the new girl everyone's been talking about. I just wanted to introduced myself."

"Now you have, now if you excuse me." I said trying to make my way around her as to cut this introduction?, conversation or what ever this was short.

"Wait" she says before grabbing my upper arm and slightly pulling me back.

" I wanted to ask if you'd like to sit with me and my friends at lunch tomorrow..." She asks the smile still plastered on her face "instead of with little miss softy over there" she says letting out a scoff followed by a laugh.

Getting a little pissed off at the fact she was just badmouthing Skaya, looking down at her hand which was still wrapped around my arm. Roughly pulling it back I looked at her.

"Thanks but no thanks" I said before walking off hearing her let out a shocked gasp, not only from her but a few other people in the cafeteria which unnoticed by me was silent during the whole interaction.

I'm guessing she's not used to rejection. I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

Making my way to the front of the line ignoring everyone as I got my food as well as Skaya milk and walked back to out table.

Putting down my tray, I take a seat, looking up to see Skaya roughly biting her bottom lip looking deep in thought.

"Hey, I got your milk I didn't know if you wanted the strawberry or the chocolate one so I just got both"

"Oh it's ok, I'll have the strawberry one, it's my favourite. Thanks"she says snapping out of her thoughts, completely forgetting whatever it was that she was thinking about as the excitement of the strawberry milk takes over.

Slightly shaking my head at her as she was now bouncing in her seat, willing  gleefully at the carton of milk before taking a sip.

"I've never seen someone get so excited over strawberry flavoured milk" I said taking a bite of my lasagne.

Looking up at me, a slight blush of embarrassment across her face as she let out a small chuckle.

"I just really like it ok, jeez" she say the blush noticeable on her face.

"Right... So, you mentioned something about me meeting your friends before.

"Oh yeah right, I completely forgot about that. Unfortunately they couldn't make it, their probably off doing whatever it is they're doing when we're not together. They like to get themselves in a lot of trouble. You can probably meet them tomorrow." She says with a smile on her face.

A slight quietness settles in the atmosphere as I was just finishing the last of my food.

"Hey Cairo?"

"Yeah" I said wiping my mouth with a napkin.

"Why didn't you say yes to Lola when she asked you to go sit by them? I know I'm probably stupid for asking such a question, but I just want you to know that you don't have to sit with me cause you think I'm gonna feel bad or whatever. You know what you don't even need to answer. It's stupid anyway. I just-"

"I said no cause I wanted to and cause you're the first person who doesn't think I'm weird." I said before standing up at the same time the bell rang, picking up my bag from the floor. A slight shiver crawled up my spine ugh I think I just shared how I felt *internal gag.

"Come on before we're late for class." I look towards her, the tray now in my hand, waiting for her to finish packing up her stuff, noticing the big bright smile on her face.