Chapter 12

Cairo's POV:

Flashback...

"Does she come out often?...Does she talk to you,do you talk to her?...When was the last time that you've switched personalities?...What is she like?"

" 'she' has a name you know" I say ignoring her questions.

"Well what is her name?"

"Saint"

She chuckles, "Isn't that ironic?"

"Mmmm"

"I'm still waiting for answers to my questions Miss Kingston." She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Don't we all wait for answers Miss Lambert? I mean life itself is one big question with no answer."

"Yes, however my questions to you do have answers, you just don't want to tell me"

"Exactly, I don't want to tell you."

Silence.

We've been repeating this same process of her asking me questions and me barely answering or not responding for an hour now.

I hate therapy...sigh

The sound of the old clock on the wall ticking the only sound resonating in the room as i stare at her for a few minutes.

The middle aged woman clears her throat breaking the silence between us.

"Fine if you don't want to talk about her then tell me what happened that night, how you felt, that night was the first time she appeared, right? Tell me everything that occurred."

"I'd rather not, plus you isn't it all written down in that little notebook of yours?" I ask refering to the little black notebook resting on her lap.

"Yes, it is amd and it's also in your file, but I want it all from you, I want the truth." She says eagerly.

Silence.

I stare at her for a while, analyzing her. Her white blouse perfectly tucked into her plaid knee-length skirt, a matching coat thrown over the chair she was sitting in across from me. Black stiletto heels to finish of her professional look as she sits with her legs crossed. Her hair in a low bun with a few strands framing her face. A golden cross necklace around her neck and small studded earrings in her ears, as well as a golden watch on her wrist.

The huge diamond ring adorning her finger always caught my attention.

Looking back up at her,she patiently awaits for a response from me.

" Miss Kingston, I'm waiting."

"Like I said, I'd rather not tell you something you already know of." I said as I got more comfortable in my chair.

"We still have an hour left of this session and I am not going to sit in silence for a whole hour. So either you tell me something or-"

"Or what? I've spent 6 years, going on 7, in an empty confined white room filled with lots of silence and I'm very much used to it. An hour isn't gonna make a difference." I cut her off raising an eyebrow at her as she closes her mouth.

Silence.

"Fine, what can you tell me about Miss Colton? She was your friend, wasn't she?"

My mood instantly darkened at the mention of...

"We don't speak of the dead Miss Lambert."

"Dead? According to what Mr Rodger
said you used to be close when she was here."

"Used to be."

"Tell me more about you relationship with Miss Colton."

"You can't take a hint, can you?"

I was starting to get annoyed with this lady.

" Can you at least tell me something. If you don't show any progress in any of our sessions then your chances of getting out of here won't be easy."

The fact that she thinks I'm getting out of here is funny. I'm never leaving this place whether I tell her anything or not.

" Please, and I'll stop trying so much, just try to open up a little."

Letting out a sigh I roll my eyes.

"It was a year ago, she had just transferred from a different facility, somewhere in London." I paused looking at Miss Lambert who was leaned forward in her seat, interested in what i had to say, waiting in anticipation for me to finish.

" You know what, no, I'm not telling you anything. But what you must know is that she betrayed me. She's a lying, manipulative cunt who does not know the definition of being someone's friend, and I hate her with every fibre of my being, her simple existence makes me sick."

Just as I finished the timer went off.

The door opened as the two nurses came in to escort me to my room since my hands were chained together.

"Wait we're not done yet!" She says frantically.

"Sorry Miss Lambert, you know the rules, you'll have to wait for the next session to continue." One of the nurses states while leading me to the door.

Luckily for me my next session was next week Friday...today is Monday.

Time skip...

Laying down on my bed, body facing the ceiling with my arms crossed over my chest. I close my eyes getting lost in the silence.

" You and I are best friends, nothing and nobody can separate us." She says with a crazy glint in her eyes.

Yeah right... And I was so naive to believe her...

I may not know what real friendship is but I do know that someone who claims that they are your friend doesn't stab you in the back. Literally and figuratively.

Suddenly I'm pulled out of my thoughts, into a deep darkness as my eyes roll to the back of my head.

"Cairo..."

The sinister whisper of my name indicates that it was her...

...........................

Welp there you go. Enjoy.

Excuse any mistakes.

Like, vote, comment and go follow me pls. ❤️❤️❤️