I Did It For Love

Description: A oneshot idea wherein the things Jungkook did for Taehyung was because of love, he didn't care if he was hurt as long as Taehyung loved him. But, will he keep holding on?

Character Description:
Jeon Jungkook-23 years old
Kim Taehyung-24 years old

— ::
"Was he really worth it, jungkook?"

The boy only shrugged at his best friend, Jimin. "He is, okay?" That only made the other groan from the statement. "You are in a relationship with him! And, what was worse than that? The fact that you guys are online dating."

Jimin was scolding him again but all he could hear was the weird blabbering noise from his mouth, focused more about his relationship with a guy named Taehyung who was born in the united states and still was there, currently.

"I don't understand the problem of dating him, anyways!" he said recklessly, leaving to another room. although, the older still followed. "The problem is he might be catfishing you! Don't you think of that?"

Jungkook could only roll his eyes, grabbing his phone as soon as he saw a message notification from his boyfriend. "He's sweet, Jimin. And, very caring too!" He defended.
The older was too tired to say anything else so he waved his hands in hopelessness and left the dorm after. While, Jungkook? He only looked back for a bit and turned to his phone to become a giddy person again.

Days and days came along, Jungkook wasn't at least bothered once that he was neglecting his friend for a guy he barely knew for two weeks and even became his boyfriend.

can i see what you look like -Jungkook

This is what he asked for one day to Taehyung, he was desperately in love with the man who he had no clue of his physical appearance. His boyfriend only responded, seconds later, that he was out for work and couldn't do it for the moment.

Jungkook believed in him immediately. He was smitten of him, the other had already wrapped him around his fingers, gosh, love makes you blind. Metaphorically speaking.

The boy would sometimes stay up for the sake of his boyfriend who was usually out at 4am in Korea time and that somehow irked Jungkook to be curious. 'are you really out?' or 'are you with someone?' was always sent to Taehyung which he got an early response to, to assure him that he was doing fine and all.

Definitely, no one with him at all.

But, insecurities fought with the younger. He would cry when Taehyung wouldn't respond immediately, thinking he has someone else with him in the states. Was he too ugly? He took cute and pretty pictures for Taehyung from time to time. Does he need more?

At the end of the day, Jungkook was still with him, though.

One day, he was doing homework while eating a delicious dinner on his study table that he had recently bought for motivation when he suddenly got a call from Jimin. "Hey, what's up?"

"You won't believe me, kook. but, I think Taehyung is a fake one!"

Jungkook scoffed hardly at that. "What the fuck do you mean by that?" Jimin could only sigh from the angry tone. "I am serious, Kook! I mean, has he ever shown his face to you? heard his voice?" Jungkook exclaimed a whiny, "No, not yet."

His best friend explained more. "Believe me, kook. What if he is not who you think he is? You cannot always believe in such things especially since this is social media, we are talking about."

"I love him, Jimin. I wouldn't doubt him at all, please!" He argued, tears falling off as the trust he had for Jimin seemed to break down. "Why do you even hate Tae so much, huh?"

The older was worried, but he was so mute at the moment. He didn't want to break anyone especially his best friend. But, why would he date a man that he had no clue where he lived, his face, his voice.

He only knew how his words made his stomach burst with butterflies in it.
"I don't hate him at all, Jungkook. I..." He hung up, afraid to break down more.

Jungkook loved his best friend ever since they met in elementary, He would always be there to support him in many ways. He loved that about jimin, but why was he not on his side this time?

He ignored it again and started making a conversation with taehyung.

Everytime he would ask a favor if taehyung could show his face, he'd only get rejetions, saying he was busy for work. That didn't stop him from bugging his boyfriend.
He cried, overthinking over some things. 'what if he wasn't the one?', 'what if he had somebody else?', and 'what if jimin was right?'.

His deep thoughts stopped once again when he sent taehyung a picture of himself in a croptop. He got a fluttering response.

you are so gorgeous, babe -taehyung

Fuck, that was so...he loved him, he fucking loved him. No chance that jimin was actually right for this one.

It was valentines day after another week, almost their first month of being together in the 23rd. He planned to post something really cute and even wrote the most beautiful caption for him, only to get a response of an 'I love you so much.' after a few hours.

That made jungkook unsatisfied, so he sobbed into his pillows that night.

He was getting even more insecure day by day especially since taehyung was always at work. He didn't believe in it sometimes because why the fuck did he not at least have a day-off for his work? Jungkook shed tears for the same man again for the same reason.

The boy wasn't having it anymore, he was so done.

On their first month of being boyfriends, he posted like what he did last time, hoping to get a better response unlike from valentines day.

But, it wasn't even close.
He didn't hear of taehyung until two days later.

Jungkook didn't hear any of it, he felt like he was carrying a weight of the planet. this was heavy to hold, he loved and loved taehyung so much, he had forgotten to love his own self.

He texted jimin, he was sorry that he neglected him, sorry that he came to jimin because his heart was broken. "It's okay, Jungkook. Let it all out." And, he did.

Jungkook was so thankful for having a best friend like him.

The older helped him get up from his downside and advised that he should stop seeing taehyung.

It wasn't healthy, not at all.

He broke it off with him, understood the point of loving himself first before others. It was hard, but he moved on as well and enjoyed life as it flowed beautifully.

— ::
Hello, it's minqrks !

This can also be found on AO3.

Thank you for reading.