Christmas Without You Would Just Not Be Christmas At All

Description : A oneshot story wherein Jungkook studies abroad while having a long distance relationship with his boyfriend, Taehyung, who seems lonely when finding out that his other half won't go home for the holidays.

Character Description:
Jeon Jungkook-21 years old
Kim Taehyung-23 years old

— ::
"What do you think of decorating the tree when you come, love? Or we can bake cookies if you come by the Christmas Ever. But, sleeping the whole night could be an option too." Taehyung said so excitedly as he talked with Jungkook on his phone.

A frown was soon settled on Taehyung's face. It was noticeable that something was wrong with Jungkook once the boy could not answer him immediately.

"What's wrong, baby? Are you alright?"

Jungkook smiled sadly at him before speaking, "I-I'm not actually coming home for Christmas this year."

The other gasped in sorrow from the statement. "What are you saying you cannot come here? Who will I spend my Christmas with then?" He asked, panicked.

"You know my mother would love to come visit you. And, hey, say hi to your parents too!" The boy demanded on the screen with a pout.

Taehyung still could not believe that Jungkook will not be coming home this year around. It was disappointing as he was ready to spoil his lover once again.

"Yeah, but it's not the same without you, you know that." He was used to having him all the time ever since and not once did they ever part at any occasion.

Jungkook teared up a little when he understood Taehyung's part. It was hard for the both of them, knowing that they're miles away from each other.

"I know, Tae. But I have exams in the 27th, so I have to study for the weekend."

The other wanted to curse at those damn teachers for giving his poor baby more works when it's literally the holidays that they're talking about.

Education can wait a little longer.

"Can't you skip it and take it by January?"

Jungkook sighed, "No, Tae. It's a major exam so I cannot retake or reschedule it."

It saddened Taehyung that he won't see him, yet he had to stay strong even if he was not there, right?

He'll miss him, though.

A lot.

— ::
Mrs. Jeon was fully aware of Jungkook's situation of not being back by Christmas Day, so she initially came to the couple's apartment they shared to see Taehyung.

"Taehyung-ah! Are you home?" A sleepy head opened the door a second later, yawning first before greeting.

"Eomma?"

It always felt good to him to call her as his mother as well. They do say it's rare for your partner's family to trust you and be comfortable with you.

The woman pulled him to a hug, making him surprised from the sudden action.

"I heard Jungkookie is not coming. How are you holding up on that one?"

Maybe that shouldn't be the first thing she should ask. The man was still emotionally damaged and he'd end up —

And, yes, he sobbed.

"He's not coming, eomma! Aish, I have so much stuff planned, however, everything will be wasted. I can't believe Jungkook is not coming home."

He was attached to the bone with Jungkook, she understood. She patted his head softly as they still hugged from the door of the apartment.

"Now, now. it's not the end of the world. I'm sure there are other options." She suggested it openly as she brought the boy to the modern living room.

Taehyung sighed, "I wish, eomma! But, what?"

She knew what to do.

— ::
Before the man knew it, he was riding on the plane to California.

Just a day ago, his soon-to-be mother-in-law gifted him plane ticket and exclaimed closely to his ears, "Go and spend the holidays with him, Tae! Stop sulking, it looks shitty on you."

Laughs occupied the whole room and soon enough, more tears came down to Taehyung's face.

He was grateful for a woman like Mrs. Jeon.

Taehyung's phone was overflowing with his boyfriend's spams. Damn, why was he in a hurry? He ignored it, though.

He shall not ruin the surprise for his dear lover!

Just a few more hours and Taehyung will be in ease when he meets Jungkook.

— ::
It's almost been a day since Jungkook has not heard from Taehyung at all. Was his phone perhaps dead? But, it couldn't be, his contact was ringing.

It frustrated him that he could not receive any message from the latter since yesterday.

But, not for long, when a person outside his dorm started knocking softly on the door.

It couldn't be his roomate. He was staying at his mother's house for about three days and he won't come back until the day after tomorrow.

Although, he probably forgotten something in the dormitory.

Deeply exhaling, he opened it with no such hesitation and his heart went smiling when he noticed that it was not just anyone, it was Taehyung.

"Surprise, my love!" He joyously greeted his boyfriend with a kiss on the cheek.

He was baffled, he was totally surprised!

Jungkook wasn't informed that Taehyung would be coming to the States and visit him here with no warning.

"H-how?" He only asked.

"Your mother gifted me a plane ticket to get to you, love. Aren't you happy?"

Fuck, was he? Yes, shit — He fucking was!

He leaped into his lover's arms and gave a lip to lip kiss afterwards.

"Gosh, I-I'm more than happy! I still can't believe you're here!" He cried.

Taehyung cooed and kissed him once more.

It was never really Christmas for Taehyung unless he's with Jungkook.

Nope, not at all.

— ::
Hello, it's minqrks!

It's been a while, wow! A lot has happened and so much BTS updates came along as well. It's a depressing December and at the same time, we will all be okay.

Thank you for putting this book into so much tags and for voting, I really appreciate those so much.

I also apologize for not coming here much often anymore because I'm highly focused with my academics and social life.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Thank you for reading!