Chapter 10

TW: cussing, mention of eating disorder

Y/ns point of view

I'm not sure how long I've been here although it feels like months I'm not sure. I feel sick to my stomach every hour im awake, I haven't eaten in days and when I do I find myself hunched over the toilet resurfacing what went down.

Im not sure if he's noticed my new habit, but he has a certain sadness to his face when he walks in now. Normally I would be happy to him walking in..im not even sure what normal is anymore.

Since I've gotten here I tried not to think of Faye, scared that if I did I might miss her voice and kind face.

What did she look like again..? My mind tries to jumble bits and pieces together but none of them resemble her anymore. Had I forgotten who she was? How could I just not remember?

That wasn't completely true, I remember her fiery hair and gentle soul. She had been gentle with me since I met her, anyone else she would be cold to.

Rrrrinnngg

This sound brings me out of my thoughts, 'Why now?' I ask myself as i listen to the ringing. I don't even move my head to look at the phone, I sigh not tempted to pick it up.

It got louder and it wasn't ringing it was one long continuous tone. It felt like my head was going to explode and as if the ground was shaking.

"Goddamnit" I muttered as I stood up, stumbling over, as I picked up the phone unamused knowing no one would be there.

"Don't hang up" A voice said, I paused for just a moment. Was I crazy? Had I finally lost it? I've only heard the phone say one word before I hang up.

"I-I..I won't.." I said and took a deep breath, I could feel myself getting lightheaded so I put my back to the wall and slowly slid down.

"W..who are you..?" I asked as I tried to put a face to the voice on the other..line?

"I don't know..I don't remember..how long have you been down there? Most of us only lasted a few days.." my eyes widened, this...this can't be possible..

"B-Bruce?" I asked in a whisper, worried if I spoke too loud I might just believe it.

"Is that my name? Am I Bruce..?" He asked surprised like the name was something he'd never heard before.

"Y-yea..you played.." he stepped in before I could finish, "baseball.."

"Yea..I'm Bruce..a-anyways how are you alive?" He asked his mind going back to why he called me.

"I-I'm not sure, w-well we...have..um..well.. we have a mutual.. relationship?" I said nervously. "I..I think he's, I think he's in love with me.." I said tearing up a bit, finally hearing myself say it out loud.

There was a long silence, I could feel myself crying now. My mind is punishing me..I can feel it. "H-hello..?" I asked quietly, but there was no reply, no breathing not even static.

I hung up the phone and collapsed onto the bed, the room around me going hazy. My breath fastened as the tears rushed down my face.

Is it possible for us to even be together..?

I've been in this goddamn basement for months, or what feels like months. My mind is screaming at me it feels like I'm being torn apart, I know what he's done but I still longed for him.

• • •

I stood and walked around the small room, my body felt so heavy. It felt as if I was carrying 50 pounds on my back, I walked to the large door.

I placed my hands on the cold latch and pulled, fuck it was heavier than I expected..I pulled as much as I could till I heard it open.

I let out a breath and began to climb the stairs, my knees felt like chattering spoons as I make my way to the door at the top of the stairs.

My head feels light as I reach the top, I open the door and lean on it for support. When I turn the corner I see him.

He didn't wear his mask, he stood at the stove and cracked two eggs into a hot pan. I guess he hadn't seen me because when he went to throw the shells he saw me and his face dropped.

I collapsed to the ground, I could hear some shuffling as he knelt next to me. Now my vision was completely blurred and I couldn't move. I could hear him saying something but I couldn't make sense of the words.

I felt him shake my shoulders slightly but I was so tired, can..can I just..sleep..?

The grabbers point of view

She looked so pale and sick as she was sprawled out on my kitchen floor, I shook her and called out for her but she didn't respond. Her eyes looked glossed over and sullen.

Max wasn't home now, I wasn't sure where he had been but he was gone and that's all I needed to know.

I picked her up and she weighed close to nothing, she had definitely felt lighter then from when she first arrived. I carried her to the spare room Max had been staying in.

I placed her on to the bed and covered her with the blanket. She had mumbled something I couldn't quite make out at first but after a moment it had set in what she said.

"The phone...it..won't stop.." she mumbled weakly, her voice was coarse and sounded scared.

I sat down on the bed and pet her hair softly, "Shh..sleep now y/n..." I said in a soft whisper.

After she had fallen asleep I left the room and re-entered the kitchen. I walked to the pan that held scorched and blacked eggs. I grabbed the pan and walked to the trash can, i scraped off the remains. So she hears it too.

I close my eyes and open the oven staring at the array of masks, I let out a long sigh. "Looks like I'll be needing you after all" I said in a deep and groggy voice.
__________________________________
Holy shit I leave for a week and y'all blow this story up 😭  12k like are you kidding!?? Thank you so much and I'm sorry for being gone but I needed a break

I'm back and I will be doing my best at posting regularly again!

Also..welcome to the Final Five...