Chapter 11

TW: language, mention of eating disorder, fear

When I woke up I wasn't in my usual bed, no definitely not..this bed as comfortable and clean. I could feel myself stretching mg arms out as I yawned.

I looked around the unfamiliar room, how did I get here? The last thing I had remembered was climbing the stairs and then black. Had he taken me here?

I take the covers off as I step on to floor, the door had been shut and I guessed it had been locked as well. I stand and look at the wall that was plastered with popular band and movie posters.

It wasn't until I turned my attention to my right that I had seen the small mirror a few feet away from me. I make my way towards it and hesitate for a moment, I close my eyes and move in front of the mirror before opening them.

When I do, I am surprised to see who is staring back at me.

It looked like me but..it just couldn't be. This person was about 20 pounds lighter than I was and their skin was pale, except for slight bruising and the large bags under their eyes. Their hair was greasy and partly matted. I didn't want to believe that person even resembled me but as I softly touched my face I sighed as I had to finally accept what I was seeing.

I went back to the bed and hugged myself, the only relief that fell over me was I wasn't in that damned basement anymore.

I tried to close my eyes and sleep but every time I closed my eyes I could see the phone. I had done my best to not think about Bruce and our short conversation but his voice still lingered.

Although we hadn't exchanged more than a few words I could tell he was just as confused as me. I had this pit in my stomach..a question that I supposed should've been answered sooner.

Would he kill me..?

Part of me wanted to believe he is in love with me and he wouldn't hurt me but the other part still cowers in fear when he comes near me.

With my mind running circles with this question I hadn't noticed him walk in to the room.

"Good you're e awake." He said, he wore the full mask this time, the bottom half had a blank face.

I sat up and looked at him in the door way nodding slightly. "Scared me for a second when you came up those stairs, almost thought you were a ghost." He said and laughed a bit, I smiled slightly but it quickly faded.

"You seem tense...everything okay?" he said and fully stepped into the room. I watched his every move, this felt like the first time I came here. The feeling of wanting the throw up, and cry all at once.

"Fine..j-just feeling a little sick i think.." I said trying to hold back my stutter. He walked closer to me and sat by the edge of the bed, he raised a hand and I flinched a bit. I don't think he noticed, he placed his hand on my forehead.

"You don't feel warm" he said and removed his hand, I let out a breath. "Perhaps you're still tired from your fainting, I'll bring you some food" he said and walked out of the room.

I swallowed hard and closed my eyes, I need to relax. Why can't I give myself a straight answer..

"No eggs this time, I burnt the last few I had." He said as he re-entered the room with a sandwich on a plate.

What was in there? Did he put something in that..?

I could already feel my throat closing and my stomach turning inside out.

"You need to eat something, it looks as if you're disappearing." He said and laid the plate on my lap. Theres something in the sandwich..I need to know.

"I-I will.." I said and waited for him to leave, but he remained stationary. "I need to watch you, how am I gonna know if you're eating or just puking it up." He said and sat in a chair not too far from the bed.

Fuck

He's lying...he doesn't wanna make sure I'm eating. He knows he put something in the sandwich so he's gonna make me eat it..

He watched me from the chair his eyes piercing mine. "You're not eating" he says, his arms crossed over his chest.

"I-I wanted to ask you something.." I said, mind racing with how to stall him. Don't be stupid y/n

"I need you to-" he spoke but I cut him off before he could finish his thought.

"W-who was in here...?" I asked quickly, he looked at me a little surprised, perfect.

"What?" He asked

"T-theres a suitcase under the bed...I woke up a little before you came in and..I looked around" I said trying to act as normal as possible.

"Its..none of your concern." He said hesitating, he's not buying it..

"B-but it's someone..right?" I asked, I made the mistake of sounding hopeful. It made it seem like I was hoping someone was here looking for me. Of course in reality I knew that couldn't be true.

His gaze changed from unamused to angry, had I taken it too far..?

"If someone was looking for you they would've found you." He said in that deep voice I hadn't heard in a while.

He got up and walked over to the bed, "it seems you don't have much of an appetite" he said and knocked the plate off the bed. I could hear it fall but I didn't see it, he remained to have heavy eye contact.

"H-how long have I been here.." I asked gripping the blanket by my said a little scared.

We looked at me for a moment and began to walk out the room. I blinked away tears and tried not to cry.

"4 months and 15 days" he said and closed the door behind him.
__________________________________
WoOoOoOo finally getting out of my writers block 👹 so that means more chapters faster ;)

Also I'll be on a road trip tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to get at least 2 chapters out!

16K ARE YOU KIDDING???!! GEEZ YALL ARE AMAZING THANK YOU