Chapter 12

TW: cussing, mention of death, weapons and threat

Third person point of view:

After Albert had shut the door he left y/n with her troubling thoughts. She looked down to the floor where the sandwich laid on the ground.

She quietly moved off the bed and on to the floor where she had carefully inspected the food. After looking through each layer she sighed frustrated, nothing, she didn't find anything.

Y/n was certain he had put something in there, she stared at the food contemplating to eat it. She was hungry, starved actually. It had been about 2  weeks since she ate a  full meal, she had now become skin and bones. Since she has felt weak and lethargic, she knew she needed to eat but there were things holding her back. Everything presented to her she feared was poisoned, and food just didn't seem appetizing anymore. Even the thought of her favorite food made her sick.

She picked up the remains of the sandwich and placed it back on the pate, without taking a bite she placed it on a nightstand.

In the other room where Albert had locked the door that held y/n, he passed back and forth.

His mind was clouded with confusion and frustration. He knew y/n wasn't okay but he didn't know how to help her. There was another vexation that hung over his head..

Y/n knew about the phone and she hears it, he knew it was impossible for it to ring as the line had been cut years ago. Still every so often he'll catch himself going to answer it.

As time passed Max had come back from his hunt for a job, unsuccessful of course. Max slumped his exhausted body on to the couch, suddenly a realization had shot through Albert.

Y/n was in the next room over, if she screamed it would be over. All of his time and effort he put into keeping y/n would be gone. He needed to do something..

While Max was too distracted by the tv to see Albert in his mask he snuck into the room and shut the door. He pulled out a small switch blade he kept in his back right pocket and held it as his side.

"Make one fucking sound and I won't hesitate to carve into that pretty face of yours." He said holding her by the back of the neck and placing the knife to her throat.

Y/n could feel the side of the blade being pushed into her neck slightly. She shut her eyes and tried not to move, "I've always wondered what your insides would look like sprawled out on the ground.." He said trailing off in his mind.

Y/n knew he wasn't lying, she knew he probably dreamt of killing her and have no regrets. This had proved it.

She didn't want to think about that though.

"Listen to me carefully. In 30 minutes I'm going to walk you to a different room blindfolded. If you scream, cry, or make noise I will kill you." He said pushing the knife ever so slightly, it drew a small amount of blood.

"I-I w-wont" y/n stuttered out, she was shaking under his grip. "Good." He said and drew back his knife and sat in the chair across the room.

Albert was seething, he knew she had been trying to provoke him earlier that day by asking so many questions. He honestly never cared what her questions were unless they were about her release y/n had known this. They sat in uncomfortable silence, Albert thought about how successful he'd be in getting y/n cross the kitchen and to his room.

Soon the 30 minute mark and hit and he stood, he opened the door slightly too peek out. There he could see Max passed out on the couch, mouth agape and one leg dangling off the couch 'idiot' he thought to himself and closed the door.

Albert looked back at y/n who was watching his every move, he walked to the dresser and grabbed a shirt.

"Get up" he said coldly, y/n complied keeping her eyes glued to the hard wood floor. He grabbed her by the arm and pulled the black shirt over the top of her face so it covered her eyes and part of her nose. He held the shirt tight in his fist and his knife found its place under her neck.

"I'm doing you a favor by leaving your pretty little mouth uncovered, so if you scream you'll lose the privilege to talk all together.." he said against her ear. She didn't dare move, not that she could, part of her was frozen in fear.

He began guiding her to the door and cautiously watching where they were stepping and keeping an eye on Max in case he decided to wake up. Although he'd never say it, Albert was scared he'd be found out. Not scared of what he had done but of what he'd lose.

The pair walked past the living room and into Alberts dimly lit room the floor creaking softly as they did. One they had entered Albert removed the knife and makeshift blindfold from y/n and tossed them to the floor.

Y/n stood awkwardly not knowing what to do, she kept her head low and wobbled unable to hold her self up well.

"Sit down before you hurt yourself." He said taking off the top half of his mask. "If you fell in that state you'd probably break a bone" he continued as y/n sat on the bed.

"I'm sorry..for..asking about my release.." y/n said cowardly. She didn't know what compelled her to apologize in the moment. She knew what she had asked wasn't wrong and that he was irrational yet the words rolled off her tongue.

Perhaps it had been the exhaustion that pushed her to say it but it caught Alberts attention either way. He too was surprised at her words, he didn't say anything for a long moment.

"All is well my sweet y/n" he said and sat with her on the bed. He slowly wrapped an arm around her and leaned back onto the bed. He held her close and shut his eyes.

Y/n had felt warm and comforted, she could hear her favorite song playing in the back of her mind. While she relaxed against him she kept her eyes open staring blankly into the sheets she wondered 'is this what dying felt like?'

__________________________________
Angst chapter bc yes 🫡 also how do y'all like the 3rd pov I wanted to try something different

Hope I'm not being too slow with chapters but life is all other the place rn so sorry but I'm doin my best!