☰ . PROLOGUE

possible tws: mild swearing (just one at the end i swear)

_______

--3RD PERSON--

tanjiro heaved, the cold air biting into his lungs as he carried a heavy figure on his back, the snow bitterly crunching underneath his feet. his eyes were about to burn off with how the cold frost bit into his exposed skin, and the wind rushed at him with an unspoken ferocity.

how did it come to this?

this all started when a certain guy read a certain manga and certainly died.

like, actually. he's dead.

or was supposed to be.

his soul got lost and somehow wormed its way into another world entirely.

of course, [name] had no idea how he ended up in this very odd situation. this couldn't have been a dream, if the prickly bush he was currently stuck in was any proof. maybe this was just a really.. lucid dream..??

he was an incredibly down-to-earth homebody and stuff like this only happened in shitty transmigration fanfiction.

as expected, he felt his phone in his pocket (it was, of course, dead).

welp , nothing strange in particular.

now to figure out what, when, and where the actual fuck he was.

assuming it was like those weirdly realistic dreams, he'd normally have a system, right?

tangling himself out of the foliage he was unceremoniously dropped in, he walked further out into the frosty landscape and found a settlement, what an incredible stroke of luck!

it seemed to be a quaint snowy village positioned near the base of a nearby mountain. the bare trees were blanketed with snow and the peaking sun was gentle yet blinding to his poor eyes. it looked like [name] was somewhere in east asia, from the traditional buildings. oh god... don't tell him he had to learn a whole other language.

looking down, he realized his clothes were incredibly out of place. first of all he needed to find clothes to avoid standing out.