✧ CHAPTER 5 - FINAL SELECTION

we're fucking keeping his long hair convince me otherwise.

possible tws: bloodshed (not explicit but mentioned?), murder (of demons), brief nail picking, if that bothers you

_______

--3RD PERSON--

--3RD PERSON--

urokodaki-san gave tanjiro a special warding mask to protect him in the final selection. (somehow, [name] convinced tanjiro to keep his hair long as well)

it was time.

"my poor baby tanjiro is going to be KILLED by demons that aren't me!!" he melodramatically sobbed, clutching onto his cloud-patterned haori.

tanjiro was nervous too, although he didn't visibly show it to save some face for his friend. "[name], i promise i'll stay safe and come back for you. could you help me tie my hair so it won't get in the way?" he tried, effectively distracting him. 

"oh yeah sure." 

he sifted his claws through the fluffy burgundy locks, gathering the strands into a ponytail and sealing it tightly with his favorite color ribbon (for luck, he says.)

and so, tanjiro reluctantly departed with one final hug from urokodaki-san and [name]. 

"i'm leaving now!"

"we know!"

"take care of sabito and makomo!" 

"just go already!"

urokodaki paused, lowering his arm slowly in shock carefully hidden behind his red mask. 

"how.. did you.." he muttered. of course, [name] already knew about them so he calmly guided urokodaki-san back into the house with a melancholic smile. 

"c'mon old man.."