✧ CHAPTER 4 - SABITO AND MAKOMO

_______

--3RD PERSON--

--3RD PERSON--

"how long are you going to sit on the ground like that?"

the mysterious masked boy asked impatiently, staring at tanjiro with a sour look under his mask. it was as if he saw tanjiro as the dirt underneath his feet, which in terms of skill he was.

"prepare yourself" he warned. "going? i'm training.." responded the other.

the peach-haired boy faced tanjiro unamused, he could feel the other's eyes piercing through him past the mask.

finally, he stood and brandished his sword against the other boy.

he was a bit reluctant, though, as the boy had a wooden sword and tanjiro had a real one. voicing his concern, foxy-boy simply barked out a laugh and dashed forward while striking the other with his wooden sword with astounding force.

"hahahah! you flatter me!! thank you for this care you've shown me, you really think you're able to injure me! you don't have to worry at all, i'm stronger than you because i can slice that rock open!"

disabling tanjiro in an embarrassingly short amount of time without breaking a sweat, he continued his lecture.

"you didn't learn anything!"

these words struck a chord in tanjiro, especially since he'd been training night and day to perfect his techniques (without any progress).

"you've only learned 'concentrated breathing' as some sort of trivial fact. i'll make your flesh and your blood remember it well! all of it, all of it, all of it!!"

the peach accentuated each harsh word with an equally harsh attack against tanjiro.
he finally decided to defend himself, feebly attempting to block and counteract each blow with his sword.

"i am learning! i learn every day, i'm doing the best to learn with my life! i can't move forward, i don't know what to do right now at all!!" 

he'd simply respond with a hit against tanjiro's shoulder, saying things moving forward and being a man.

then, ending his lecture with a hard smack against his head, the burgundet blacked out.