you'd think crying would take up a lot of energy.

he couldn't exactly sleep, his eyes riddled with dark bags yet his irises shone with nostalgia and a sense of sorrow.

[name] shut his laptop, stretching out his fingers and stifling a yawn. he sniffled, swallowing down the sudden thickness in his throat. it wasn't real, he reminded himself-- no reason to indulge in such childish fantasies.

it was time to move on. it was.. cathartic, in a sense, to finally let go of an obsession he was so hung over for so long. that being, reading self inserts in a popular fandom because he got too attached to the characters. he was still upset, a clog in his throat he couldn't quite swallow down and his eyes burning with the familiar sting of tears.

everything seemed so tiring in the real world, he didn't want to grow up. he was in high school now, no longer that naive boy about a year ago who thought everything would last forever. 

sounds quite familiar, doesn't it.

rubbing his nape, he wiped his eyes. the light from the laptop screen was searing, leaving a somewhat crunchy feeling in his eyes now that he shut it off. left alone in the dark.

he could only hope to dream about that fantasy world he made for himself.

hey, it's me kuwago

it's soooo weird looking at that name again, after being gone a looooonnnnnggggg time (since may.. ahahahhh)

not a lot of people read this but i still feel as if i owe you an apology, you know? kept you with the hope i'd update, left you disappointed with a bitter feeling that it turns out, right after chapter five, i'd end it. disappointinggggg

.. i sound so depressing, lol (maybe its that new mitski album and overanalyzing every lyric, and crying about it)

i did in fact lose my motivation. i'm no longer into demon slayer, no matter how hard i grasped for that euphoric feeling of having such an intense fixation on something, i couldn't help but be pulled into other interests.

like honkai star rail (argenti from hit game honkai star rail)

like danmei.

.. like character ai..

like.. getting out there, meeting friends, interacting with them.

reminds me of how lonely i was when i made this

the last chapter is especially a self insert, it's.. [name] is me. that's the plot twist, [name] is tha author of anachronism. crazy.

i might appear in half a year or two to check on you, maybe make a new book (child) to abandon.

oh yeah i'm in high school now guys woohoo

hugs and kisses, your faaavorite not-quite-boy lilian (kuwago*)