✧ CHAPTER 1 - REMINISCENCE

note - when the system glitches, [name] only hears it as a pause in its dialogue

possible tws: bloodshed, some description of gore, some swearing

_______

--3RD PERSON--

--3RD PERSON--

[name] swept the outside of kinu-san's store, lost in thought. of course, it was a while ago when he read kimetsu no yaiba, and he'd consumed a lot of other media shortly after his short hyperfixation ended. twas simply the mind of a neurodivergent thirteen-year-old.

he still remembered the plot of it, though. it wasn't like he forgot the entire thing, but it was kinda hard to forget anyway. demon slayer is one of the current most popular anime, and it was difficult to scroll through social media for a long time without spotting news about it especially since [name] used to eat that shit up like crappy three minute noodles.

most importantly, an important plot point was what kamado-kun's mother said to him before he left the mountain to sell coal at the village.

it was nearly the start of the new year. not a good thing.

[name] was incredibly taken into his thoughts, barely noticing that he'd ceased sweeping the snow away. that is, until kinu-san decided to announce her presence by loudly banging the door open and causing more snow to fall on his head.

"what's got you thinking so hard? young kids like you should save the hard thinking for old ladies like me!" she chirped, oddly cheerful for such an early time.

swiftly turning to the older woman in surprise, [name] visibly breathed out a big cloud of frost in relief (both because of the increasingly colder weather and relief that it was not a stranger).

"n-nothing, kinu-san. how was your tea this morning?" he decidedly asked the woman.

kinu softly chuckled into the frosty air and leaned into the door frame. "you know your tea is always well made, [name]-san. today has been a slow day anyways, so go take a break and do your mundane teenage activities."

moments like these truly distracted the younger, like he belonged there.

he knew better than to entertain such foolish thoughts.

"oh, thank you? the day hasn't even started, old woman. why're you letting me go so ear-!"

"go, shoo!" kinu interrupted.

she simply stole the broom from his stiff hands and swept at the back of his feet until he relented and walked away..

'i suppose i should go talk to kamado-san' he mused as he bid her farewell.