Part 14 - UNFORGIVEN

Ralph was on his knees in front of Dani, crying and begging for forgiveness

''Please I'm so sorry'' he wept ''I know I should have stopped them but when I saw the raft all I could think of was how much I wanted to get off the island as well so I went with them. I was an idiot I know I was but I didn't know there would be a storm. Please forgive me''

Dani smiled at Ralph ''get up off your knees now'' she said and he stood up and Dani hugged him and smiled at him. Ralph smiled back with joy

''Oh I am so glad you can forgive me'' he said happily

And then Dani kneed him hard in the balls, so hard that he collapsed onto his knees again in agony

Dani leaned in close to his face, hatred plastered across her face ''I will never ever forgive you'' she hissed at him with pure malice in her voice ''I loved my sister very much and now she's dead and you could have saved her if you weren't so stupid and selfish''

''But honey please understand, Sam and Jenny were both determined to leave, how could I have stopped them? Sam really wanted to go because he was very unhappy here, he missed Eric so much and every time he went to the beach he was reminded that Eric died there, and Jenny was unhappy too, she was scared of Jack''

''I wish I'd pushed Sam off that cliff on day one myself, the little bastard talked my sister into it I'm sure. I blame Sam and you for killing my sister '' 

''Please you have to forgive me''

''Never, as of now, our relationship is over forever''

Ralph bowed his head and grimaced in misery ''But I love you, Dani, you're the only one keeping me sane now since Piggy left''

Sane? That's a laugh!'' Dani sneered ''you haven't been sane for a while now Ralph. To tell you the truth I was getting pretty sick of being woken up every single night by your nightmares. Now I have an excuse to get away from you for good and I can't say I'm sorry, it was beyond tedious''

Ralph was totally crushed ''But you don't understand, without you I'll have nothing, I'll be lost and alone''

''I don't care''

Dani turned and walked away and Ralph ran after her in tears 

Jack was in the forest with Piggy giving him a hard workout. Incredibly Piggy had already lost half a stone and looked fitter and healthier

''I want 50 press-ups now Piggy!'' he said

''Yes Sir!'' and down Piggy went to do his press ups 

''Keep this up and we won't have to call you Piggy anymore'' Jack said, sounding proud ''You will not be fat anymore soon. Do you feel better now that you're getting fitter?''

''Yes Sir. I do feel better now. I have to confess I was a very lazy and greedy boy before Sir. Since I joined your tribe I have improved''

''Yes you have but we still have work to do to make you even better''  

Dani ran through the forest and Ralph chased her

''LOOK JUST GO AWAY R ALPH I MEAN IT'' She yelled at him ''ITS OVER I CAN'T EVEN STAND TO LOOK AT YOU''

Ralph was in floods of tears ''BUT WITHOUT YOU I MAY AS WELL KILL MYSELF!''

''DO THAT THEN, I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!''

And Dani disappeared through some trees leaving Ralph alone 

''Ok take a break now'' Jack told Piggy ''you've done well''