Ch 15) Classified Files

(Please note, Neir is not from any existing video game or show)

A Strange New World

I lost my old journal to the...whatever got me here so I've started a new one. I won't lie, I am afraid at the moment.

I've been transported to an unfamiliar world by means I cannot remember, and that is a big problem.

'I cannot remember', I have hyperthymesia dammit, it should be impossible for me to 'forget'. No matter, I must remain calm and analyze things carefully like the scientist I am.

This isn't a diary, but a journal that keeps track of everything I've seen in this strange world. This isn't fortune city anymore, hell, I don't think this isn't even the same planet. Things are too...lively and joyous.

Like the end times never arrived.

Anyhow, from here on useful information only. And if you're reading this again, me, good luck and survive by any means necessary.

You'll get through it, you always have.

Because you've never had a choice.

Don't Forget Who You Are

Name: Neir
Alias: Boy-Acquaintance (By Penny)

I'm a scientist, someone who was experimenting with something that got me here. Currently I'm stranded on a world that's nothing like my old one.

I've also developed powers, one of which was mistaken for hallucinations at first.

First off, there's 'Gateway', the ability to teleport to different locations through summoned doors. The only prerequisite to use the ability is that I need to know exactly where I want a door to go.

The range I can summon these doors appear to be infinite, as long as I can precisely remember or know the location of where I want the door to drop. I can also summon however many I want, whenever I want, and in whatever I want. These doors don't quite follow the laws of physics and can appear through objects.

It is possible to change the angle which the door opens, along with the direction whatever goes through it is facing.

It is also worth mentioning that I can only shrink the size of the normal thirty six by eighty door, not enlargen.

After further testing I've learned that I can toss an item through it and every property, velocity, temperature, shape, etc, will remain the exact same once it goes out.

With the exception of me and whatever I'm holding.

I seem to be able to swap articles of clothing when I walk through a door, but everything else follows the same rules as stated above.

Then again, I haven't tried changing the property of an object before or another person who goes through my door, and I've yet to learn the process of how exactly it works.

If there is one door to enter, then there must be another to exit. I can't keep items inside of these doors, but if I leave an item somewhere I know it will always be, like the desk of my personal workshop in the abandoned building outside the walls, I can summon a door beneath the item and have it drop into my hand.

I've used this strategy to summon my weapons whenever convenient and food the same way.

Though one drawback I've noticed is that I get mild headaches upon rapidly going through doors myself over the course of a short period of time. The possibility of symptoms worsening over multiple uses after first appearance is possible.

Then there's my 'clairvoyance'. I still doubt I truly have the super natural ability to see the future, but I don't have enough evidence to make anything concrete.