Ch 5) Opposites Attract

No one's POV

Following up after everyone's varied successful landing, a short girl runs through the forest with her mind running just as fast as her legs. "Gotta find Yang, gotta find Yang, gotta find Yang, gotta find Yang." She repeats with her eyes darting all over the forest to see nothing but trees. "Yang! Yaaaang!" She calls out.

No one responds to quell her inner turmoil.

"This is bad, this is really bad. What if I don't find her? What if someone else finds her first?" She asks the open air.

It doesn't respond so she starts thinking in her head instead.

"There's always Jaune, he's nice, and funny! But I don't think he's very good in a fight. What about Blake? She's so mysterious, so calm. Plus she likes books, that's something we have in common. Then again, I don't think I'd be able to hold a conversation with her."

A while back she had passed by someone's body, unfortunately she's more focused on her next thought, or maybe it would be more accurate to say distracted.

"Neir! He's pretty nice, even though he's kind of like Yang, especially since..." Her face flushes a red that matches her attire. "He was just teasing me! Don't get any ideas." She scolds herself mentally, then continues evaluating the boy. "He made his own weapons, which means he knows how to fight, probably. But aren't scientists usually frail? Oh, but he might be hard to deal with..."

She continues to review her limited options as trees pass her by.

"All right, who else is do I know in this school? There's Yang, Blake, Jaune, Neir...and..."

Her eyes widen as she approaches a small clearing and skids to a stop. She looks up at the figure in front of her, and lock eyes.

Without a word, Weiss turns around and starts walking away.

"Wait! Where are you going?!" Ruby calls to her, then she looks down with a sigh. "We're supposed to be teammates."

Shortly after Weiss began walking away, she enters another clearing seeing something in her peripheral vision. She looks up and finds Jaune pinned high up on a tree grumbling to himself as he hits the familiar spear that's pinned him to a wall once before.

He looks down and notices 'Snow flake', giving her an awkward laugh.

She ruthlessly walks away and back to Ruby, seeing the better choice in a heartbeat.

"By no means does this mean we're friends." She warns as she drags Ruby backwards by the hood.

Ruby throws up her hands in celebration. "You came back!"

While the two of them leave Jaune pinned to the tree, letting someone else find him right after.

"What's the hurry?" Ruby calls to Weiss, seeing her speed walk ahead of her.

"I will not let my mission be delayed because you're too slow. I swear, if I get a bad grade because of your- what the?!" She exclaims as Ruby suddenly dashes beside her, leaving a small trail of rose petals.

"I'm not slow see?" Ruby smiles. "You don't have to worry about me." She says proudly.

"When did-"

"Weiss, just because I don't exactly know how to deal with people doesn't mean I can't deal with monsters." She throws her arm around Weiss who crosses her arms in displeasure. "You're about to see a whole different side of me today Weiss. And after it's all over, you're gonna be like 'Wow, that Ruby girl is really, really cool. And I want to be her friend.'" She adds the last bit quickly before dashing away even quicker.