Ch 35: XOXO

"I...really love you..."

L.C raises a brow at the woman lying with him in bed. "Thanks?"

Neir arches a brow in return before chuckling a bit. "Seriously? That's what you reply with?" She scoffs and shakes her head smiling.

Blinking rapidly, L.C blabbers out an apology. "Sorry, I just didn't-"

"There's no need to apologize silly." She giggles, resting her head in the nook of his shoulder and tracing her hand idly around his bare chest. "I guess I don't really say it often."

L.C remains quiet and lets Neir enjoy a private giggle, unsure of how to respond as usual. Though he's normally the one who has all the answers, at times like these he's only capable of taking guesses.

She breathes a dreamy sigh and closes her eyes for a moment. "Do you remember your promotion party half a year ago?" She asks randomly.

"Well, I can remember everythi-"

"I know you have a perfect memory or whatever, no need to rub it in every chance you get." She rolls her eyes and mocks him playfully. "Just...humor me." She looks up at him from his shoulder.

With a stony expression, he nods.

"I'm pretty sure that was the night I realized I was in love with you." She states out of the blue, staring up at the ceiling.

He flusters out a strange noise to which Neir chuckles at.

"It's true. I remember because you ignored me for like a week-"

"It was two weeks." He corrects her, still some red on his cheeks.

"Two weeks, a week, doesn't matter." She declares dismissively. "In the end, you still looked at me. I didn't realize it then, but it made me a lot happier than I thought it would." She says wistfully.

L.C shifts uncomfortably as her warmth continues to crawl up his cheeks.

"What about you?" She glances at him again.

"W-What?"

She rolls her eyes with a smile. "C'mon, tell me, when did you realize you were in love with me? Which one of my techniques do I have to thank for capturing your heart?" She asks leaning into him, which doesn't net her much distance.

In response, he tries leaning away, which doesn't do much considering she's lying on top of him. He's unable to escape her cheeky gaze but tries his hardest to ignore them.

It's a futile attempt of course.

"I don't remember." He finally answers.

"What?! Don't give me that bull." She laughs as she shoves him playfully. "I thought you had a perfect memory?"

"It seems your idiocy has rubbed off me." He glances at her.

She sticks her tongue out to him, then suddenly a gray furry beast jumps onto their bed.

"Sorry Drifter, did we wake you?" Neir asks the cat that stares at the two with yellow eyes.

It mews back before nestling itself into Neir's bosom and emitting a low vibrating purr as it closes its eyes.

"Guess she hasn't had enough sleep." Neir observes as she strokes her fur. "So, when did you fall in love with me?" She asks again this time in a whisper.

"I don't remember the exact moment." He insists, blushing embarrassedly.

Neir puffs her cheeks and attempts to read his mind by squinting her eyes at him and trying really really hard.