Ch 4) Wanna Bet?

And here I am yet again, in this cold, well furnished room. Here in this room where I on occasion drop by, I always end having to talk myself.

'Myself' Being a more mature, and formal version of me standing in front of a window. And everything behind that window seems blurred, like a memory that's teasing me on the edge of my mind.

Sitting a across from me is a man with short black hair and blue eyes that look like the abyss in an ocean. His skin seems almost perfect, which doesn't make any sense at all considering his line of work that somehow failed to roughen up that handsome face of his.

Is that how other people see me?

"You've been enjoying the student life eh?"

"Shut up, what do you want with me this time?" I glare at him.

He simply smiles and shrugs as he takes a seat in front of me. "Nothing much, I just wanted to remind you about what you should be doing instead of messing around with a bunch of kids."

I scoff. "You call a bunch of twenty-year-olds kids?"

"When you've been stuck here as long as I have, everyone seems like kids to you." He continues to smile, a menacing cold seeping into his voice. "They're all idiots."

I flinch but steady myself quickly. "And you still haven't told me what you are, or why you're 'stuck'." I say with air quotations.

He starts to spin in his around in his wheeled seat almost seeming to disregard my question. "I'd rather you find out yourself so you can realize the severity of the situation better." He says nonchalantly.

I grit my teeth in frustration. "Do you want me to help you or not? If not, then just leave me the hell alone already." I growl.

He stops spinning and faces me with an irked smile. "Are you sure you want that? I understand that you are a formidable fighter, considering your background and all, but fighting skills and petty tools won't help you against the people of this world. Maybe you'd have a chance with your other toys, but from what I remember, you left them all at home." He smiles provokingly.

It only frustrates me more than I can only admit that's he's right, so I scowl at him instead. "Can you at least tone it down with the fucking hallucinations? People will start thinking I'm insane at this rate."

"Oh but those aren't hallucinations, they're apart of your power." He says flatly.

"Yeah sure, and you're helping me out of the kindness in your heart." I say, my voice dripping with sarcasm. "If you're really me, then you want something out of this." I glare at him distrustfully.

I seem to be finally getting under his skin since he finally drops the fake ass smile.

"Firstly, you should know that we also believe in equivalent exchange, which means I can't get anything from you until you actually use what I've given you. Instead of learning how to control your power, you've wasted all your time in seclusion making stupid toys." Crackle and Pop both appear in his hands.

"Hey you put those down." I warn him.

"This is a dream remember? These things aren't even real." He say as he lets go of them and they shatter into fading glass. "Whatever, it won't matter to me whether you live or die." He sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose.

I roll my eyes. "Then why don't you go to someone else's dream and bother them? I'd gladly let them take you off my hands so I can focus on getting home without you to annoy me in my sleep."

He takes a deep breath and calms himself, putting on a smile. "You have two paths here, die, and I'll go elsewhere. OR, use this chance at this school to better your understanding of your power, and find a way home for the both of us." He offers.