Ch 8) The Games We Play

Sitting at the edge somewhere on the roof of the school, I overlook the city beneath me and admire it.

It's interesting how peaceful it is during the night here. No explosions or gunfire to suddenly wake you up, no need to worry about break ins, no midnight attacks on the base, no nothing. Just a warm bed with four walls and a ceiling in a secure building, all for free.

Compared to home, this place would be like the paradise those radio operators would describe to lure desperate people into a trap. Yup, no need to worry about that in a place like this.

"Enjoying the view Neir?" A voice asks behind me.

"I just can't get enough of it," I say smiling, keeping my eyes on the city. "Would you like to join me Magneto?"

Her footsteps approach, making my instincts scream at me. But I do not need to be worried, I won't be pushed off a ledge in a place like this.

"If you would have me." Pyrrha says quietly, taking a seat beside me.

"Feeling nostalgic?" I ask softly, catching her face in my peripheral vision.

"Yes but, I doubt you called me here to talk about the past." She smiles softly.

I let silence fill the air for a short while.

I stand up as she watches me. "I need to ask you something." I put my hand out for her.

She raises a brow. "Do you need me to polarize something again?" She asks with a giggle as she takes my hand.

"Ehh, not this time." I pull her up to her feet. "It's something more...delicate than that." I chuckle nervously.

"O-Oh?"

"Y'know, the sort of thing that needs to be done one on one. Something I'd rather not have other people see." I say as I look into her eyes.

She looks down at our hands and then backs up at me, she seems just as nervous as I am. "Y-Yes?"

I take a deep breath, as I see her begin to hold hers.

"I need you to unlock my aura." I finally say.

"What."

"Please don't tell anyone else, but I haven't unlocked my aura yet." Since I'm not from this world and all. "And I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do it."

She stares at me for a moment dumbfounded, I knew this was a bad idea.

She lets go of my hands. "W-Wait, you haven't unlocked your aura yet?"

I shake my head and laugh a little. "I told you it's a delicate situation."

"Then your weapons and semblance..."

"The weapons I use run on dust, but I'm almost out of the correct crystals." Since I can't rely on Ozzy or Weiss to supply me any and my way of getting more is beginning to get risky. "So I thought it's about time I unlock my aura."

"About time?" I hear her whisper, then she shakes her head. "How haven't you unlocked your aura? More specifically, how have you made it so far without it?"

"Regurgitation-man made it this far hasn't he?" I point out. "And I'm pretty sure what I did during the trial proved my skills well enough." I add.

Pyrrha looks at me strangely. "How did you know that Jaune didn't unlock his aura yet?"

I blink a few times. "I didn't, I was just trying to compare ourselves. I mean, tell me honestly, does that boy look like he belongs here? And I don't mean to bad mouth him, I like him well enough, but he just seems so out of place compared to everyone else." I say smoothly, hoping I make it through with the lie.