Chapter Three

Go kick some ass, kay?

He always tells you that. In a way, it's somewhat of a joke, given your quirk. A kick from you would send someone flying  with no control, if you really felt like it. But today, especially since reading that note.

You had a vague feeling you knew who wrote you that, although the neat hand writing threw you off a bit. It was unnerving as well, but you decided that today you would just..wow them.

Your hero suit wasn't super flashy. You've always prioritised function when it came to your outfit. The suit consisted of a carmine red bodysuit with baggy, Kevlar pants, lined with plenty of pockets. A grey cropped jacket acted as body armour, along with the gauntlets that ran from your hands to your elbows, the knee bracers, and mecha shoes, designed to be light weight and durable, as well as giving your kicks extra power. You kept lightweight, throwable items in the small utility bags strapped to your thighs. Your favourite part, however, was the high-tech set of visor-like glasses, giving you the ability to track your steel marbles, as well as any moving object in sight. 

Junichi said that you looked like a warning sign. You're sure he meant it as a compliment, but it could have been phrased better.

He probably was right though, seeing the way people were looking at you.

"Ok it has to be some type of super strength, I mean look at how Kansei's dressed!" starts Jiro. "Like you already know your ass is beat."

Yeah..he was right, wasn't he?

"Maybe that's what they want you to think," Denki says. 

"Why would anyone dress in a way to fool onlookers? Our hero suits are used to be recognizable of our prowess and aid in our missions," Tokoyami comments. "For example, there is no reason to display white in my costume, as my true place is in the dark." He sweeps his cloak around his face for effect.

God the bird man is dramatic. Very dramatic. You're very sure he reads Poe.

"Is there really any point in guessing? We're all about to find out," Ojiro says, stretching his tail.

"The suit matches the quirk guys, don't worry. There's not really a point for it not to be," you say with a smile as All Might himself, walks in front of the class. He's quite the skeleton of the man he used to be, literally. 

"Hello young heroes!" he croaks. "Today we will be having a three on three spar, but with a slight twist." A screen appears behind him, showing a layout of the concrete course. Ground Beta they had called it. All Might turns around to the screen, explaining the task of today's class. "Excluding Kansei, do you remember the villain vs hero exercise we did at the start of the year?"

Your peers mutter yes, a chorus of agreement. All Might nods with satisfaction. "Now that you've explored your limits and capabilities, as well as pushing your quirk past it's own limits and evolving it, I have decided to come back to this excercise, as a way to compare then to now. It's a great way to see and feel just how far you've come into being true heroes."

Excitement runs through the class, and you wonder what you have to compare. It's not like anyone here has seen any former training you've had, they don't know where you've started. Maybe that's a challenge he wants you to face today, though. A test to see if you can keep up.

"Hey, All Might, wasn't it a two on two last time?" queries Midoriya. 

"Yes young Midoriya, it was. However, with young Kansei apart of our class, it makes sense to place it into three. Now this will make 7 groups, so the first group will have to go once more to challenge the final group. Now please come and grab a paper slip and gather into your group number."