Chapter 2

Duros could see Kai's flaming fist thrashing around through the air, getting smaller and smaller until it vanished.
         "Kai?!" He shouted. "Are you alright?!" He heard nothing. He looked up at Elliot, who shrugged. Duros shrugged back and jumped down, Elliot right behind him. Upon landing on the ground, Duros heard a slight groan. He closed his eyes and connected to the earth around him, pulling Kai to his feet. His eyes widened as he looked around in the darkness. "We're not alone." Kai lit his fist on fire, only for there to be hissing and screeching from all around them. Kai put out the flame, the sounds stopping. He went off and on again, the sounds never failing to start and stop with the flames, until finally a voice came through the darkness.
          "Stop this at once!" Kai jumped back, nearly knocking Elliot over. Duros closed his eyes and expanded his earth sense to find that there were hundreds of small humanoid figures around them.
           "They're, human?" Duros asked, raising an eyebrow.
           "Human?!" The voice shouted, hundreds of similar voices echoing the insult. Kai looked at Elliot, who shrugged. "We're dwarves, thank you very much, and for your information, light happens to kill us." The one who's voice had been echoing around was now getting closer to them.
          "Light kills you?" Duros asked, kneeling down to where he felt he would be face to face with the dwarf.
          "Yes, it melts away our eyes and eventually will melt away our brains, at least that's what he told us."
          "That's what who told you?" Duros asked, his eyes still closed.
          The dwarf harrumphed. "The Visitor."
          Duros rose an eyebrow. "The Visitor?" He asked.
          "Yes, now back to your intrusion on our world." Suddenly, Duros felt limp and his body fell to the floor.
          "Duros?" Elliot asked, before he, too hit the floor.
          "Just another day for the Bounty, I guess." Kai said as he fell over.

          Khan sat in the tavern, a bottle in his hand.
          "Well, now I'm bored." He said.
          Lance nodded. "Destiny and Blake can't come out of the hospital for a few hours, so I'm stuck doing nothing."
          Aro looked up at the ceiling. "Nothing to do." He said.
          Andrew barged into the tavern. "Something to do!" He shouted. Everyone looked at him.
          "Really?!" Khan shouted.
           Andrew nodded. "A weird cabin just sprouted out of the ground, and Dagger wants you and Huey to go check it out."
          Aro's smile faded. "What about us?" He asked monotonously.
         Andrew sighed. "No such luck." He said. Aro's face fell and slammed into the table, releasing a muffled groan. Andrew smiled. "And also." He stepped out of the way. Destiny walked into the tavern, Blake in her arms. Lance rose and smiled.
          "We must go shopping for outfits." She said.
          Lance's smile faded. "We're taking the baby shopping?" He asked.
          Destiny shook her head. "Of course not, he's much too young. I propose we leave him with Aro and Andrew, since they're complaining so much about being bored."
          Lance smiled. "I'm up for that." He said.
          Aro looked up. "Wait, what?" He asked. Suddenly, he had Blake in his arms, Lance and Destiny nowhere to be seen. He looked to Khan, who smiled and dashed out the door.
          "Wait!" Andrew shouted, but Khan was gone. He slouched over.
          "What do we do with a baby?" Aro asked.
          "What baby?" Andrew asked, pointing to Aro's hands, which were now empty.
           Aro looked down and shouted. "We lost the baby!" He yelled.
           "We lost the baby?!" Andrew shouted back.
           "We lost the baby!" Aro said, grabbing Andrew's shoulders and violently shaking him back and forth.
           "What do we do?!" Andrew shouted.
           "I don't know!" Aro shouted back. Suddenly, they heard giggling and a quiet clapping sound. Aro and Andrew looked up to see Blake floating through the air, as if gravity didn't exist. "He can already fly." Aro said, lowering his eyebrows.
           "Of course he can." Andrew said, the same expression on his own face. Not able to control his drift, Blake just floated around aimlessly, sucking on one of his toes. "So, should we leave him up there?" Andrew asked.
           "Well, if he learns to fly on our watch that will just mean we're super good babysitters." Aro said.
          Andrew shrugged. "True."
          "What do we do if he gets hungry?" Aro asked.
          Andrew shrugged. "Never had a baby before. And even if I did, baby pixies probably don't eat normal food, especially since he's also part plant."
           "What part do you think?" Aro asked. Suddenly, grass started sprouting out from Blake's head. "Unbelievable." Aro said, slapping his face.
           "He has plant hair." Andrew said. "Because why wouldn't he have plant hair?"
           Aro looked up at Blake. "Now what?" He asked.
           Andrew shrugged. "Say, you think he can change hairstyle whenever he wants?"
           Aro shrugged. "Can't get any weirder, so probably." Blake stuck out his arms to stabilize himself. "And he's learning to fly." Aro said, slouching over.
           "Great." Andrew said.