Chapter 3

Lance and Destiny walked into the tavern to find no one.
"Aro? Andrew?" Lance asked.
            Destiny placed the bag of clothes down on the table.  "Where did they go?"

Aro slammed into the road with a growl. He looked up to see Blake laughing. He brushed the dirt off of his face and jumped up again, his legs blazing blue. He swiped at Blake, who floated to the side to avoid him, laughing hysterically when Aro slammed into the ground.
"Andrew?! Little help!"
Andrew sighed. "If I snagged him in bulk for I'm pretty sure I'd squash him." Aro groaned and jumped up to a rooftop, staring straight into Blake's eyes. Blake giggled.
Aro smirked. "I've gotcha now." He said. He raced forward and launched himself off of the rooftop, straight toward Blake. But before he could reach him, a small beam of red energy struck his eye. "Ow!" He shouted, rubbing his eye. When he looked forward again, all he saw was the wall of the building across the street. "Oh joy." He said, right before he slammed into the wall, sliding down it, Blake's laughter filling the air behind him. Aro fell back into the dirt path. "He figured out how to shoot beams." He said.
"I see that." Andrew said, pulling Aro to his feet.
            Aro took one more leap, Blake rising just out of his reach. "Oh come on!" He shouted, plummeting back down to the ground.
"Dada!" Blake shouted. Aro and Andrew turned around to see Lance floating there, his eyebrow raised.
"So, was he good?" Destiny asked.
Aro growled. "He certainly-"
            He was cut off by Andrew's hand. "Was! He was an absolute angel." He and Aro met gazes before looking back to Lance and Destiny. Blake floated down into Destiny's arms.
"You were right. Pixie kids do mature faster than other kids. Did you hear him say his first word?" Lance nodded, landing beside her. "Can you say it again?" She asked.
Blake giggled. "Dada." He said.
             Lance grabbed him and spun him around. "That's right. You're dada's little man." He floated up in the air. Blake laughed the entire time. Once Lance had landed again, Destiny observed Blake's hair.
"Is his hair made of grass?" She asked. Aro and Andrew nodded.
"Probably a dryad thing." Aro said. Destiny smiled and nodded.
"So why could he fly a day after he was born?" Aro asked. Andrew elbowed him in the gut.
"That's just how pixies work. We learn to fly long before we learn to walk." Lance said. He held Blake out. "Fly, buddy." He released Blake, only for him to stay in the same spot, beginning to rotate around.
"We have new clothes for him! Wanna see?" Destiny asked.
Andrew shrugged. "Sure." Aro began to walk away. Andrew grabbed Aro's ear and pulled him along toward the tavern.
"Hey, my ears are sensitive!" He shouted.
"No they aren't." Andrew said.
Aro sighed. "You're right. Elf ears are extremely tough." He said monotonously.
Andrew smiled. "Yes. Yes they are." Aro sighed as he was dragged along behind Andrew.
            Back at the tavern, Destiny fit Blake into his new outfit. "Ta da!" She said, holding him out. Blake laughed. He was wearing the same outfit that Lance wore.
"So now they look almost exactly alike." Aro said. Destiny nodded.
"Apart from the hair." Lance said, lightly tugging on a piece of grass. It snapped off, only to regrow within a few seconds. "Not gonna lie. Kinda strange."
Destiny shrugged. "I like it's cute." She said.
Lance smiled and nodded. "It is, it's just not normal. Which I guess just makes him special." Blake giggled and began floating through the air.

Duros clutched the bars of the cell and shattered them.
"Elliot, go!" Elliot flicked the air, releasing the light dragon across the airspace of the underground. The sound of groaning and hissing dwarves echoed around the expanse.
"Which way?" Kai asked Nickolas.
"Follow me." He said. The three followed the dwarf far past the town and into a cave.
"Great. Now I can't see." Kai said.
"I got this." Elliot said with a smirk. He held out his hands, the ends of his fingers glowing brightly. A small orb of light left each finger and began floating around, providing light in the corridor.
Kai smiled. "Much better."
Nickolas looked around at all the orbs. "They're so pretty." He said.
Duros motioned for them to move on. "Let's kill this thing."
"But I don't have a weapon." Nickolas said. "What sort of weapon are you trained with?"
Nickolas smiled. "We fight with war picks."
"Might be a little complicated to craft." Duros said, scratching the back of his head.
Nickolas shook his head. "Your earth powers are greater down here. It should not be a problem." Duros placed his hand against the wall and began to focus. A stone shaft began rising from the ground, the spiky pickaxe head made of a thick metal. Nickolas giggled with excitement. He snagged the pickaxe and swung it around. "Lightweight." He said. He slammed it into the wall, leaving a large cut in the earth. "And powerful. You should be a craftsman." He said.
Duros shrugged. "Let's just take this thing down." Nickolas nodded and led the way down the dark tunnel.