Chapter 11

Khan looked down at the training ground where the quarries and dwarves were training with the knights.
           He smiled. "I really think we have a chance." He said.
           Kai nodded. "Me too." He said.
           "We can do this." Lance said, his fist clenched.
           Kai grinned. "You guys talk too much." He said, continuing to watch the training.
           Khan rose to his feet and dusted himself off. "Let's go see how everyone else's training is going." He said. Lance and Kai nodded, getting up themselves. Lance flew over to where Destiny was meditating, flowers blooming around her. He smiled. Kai opened his mouth to speak, but Lance punched him, sending him across the street. Khan landed beside him. "She's meditating, idiot." He whispered. Kai shrugged. There was the sound of something zooming through the air behind them. Lance turned around and snagged Blake right out of the air, before he could get to his mother.
           "Mama!" He shouted. Destiny opened one eye and smiled. She waved quickly before closing her eyes and focusing on the land again.
           Lance placed Blake on the ground. "Can you do what mama's doing?" He whispered. Blake looked up at him, then looked at Destiny, closing his eyes and smiling. His hair began to writhe a bit. Lance looked at Khan, who shrugged. White flowers popped up onto Blake's head, Blake laughing and clapping at his new hairstyle. Lance chuckled. Destiny opened her eyes and looked down at Blake, who was dancing through the air and spinning around.
           "Aw, those tiny little flowers are so cute." Destiny said.
           Lance nodded. "Not very manly, though."
           Destiny elbowed him. "He doesn't have to be super manly like his father. He can like flowers."
           Lance sighed. "I guess." He said, slumping over.
Duros sprinted up to the group, clearly out of breath. "I couldn't hold him." He said, leaning on his knees. Everyone shared a laugh.
           "So where's Emma?" Kai asked.
           "Who cares, you're finally back!" Kai was suddenly embraced by Medusa, who rubbed her cheek against his. "I'm so glad you've returned."
           Kai smiled and returned the hug. "Me too, It's just that if we can get Emma's sword out, that would be a major help in the fight against the Demon King."
           Medusa nodded. "Just don't forget about little old me." She said.
           Kai laughed. "How could I?" He asked.
           "You know, since all this started we haven't been on a date." Medusa said.
           Kai shrugged. "Where you wanna go?" He asked.
           Medusa shrugged. "We could go have a friendly fight."
           Kai shrugged. "Works for me." He said. He blasted off into the air, taking Medusa with him. In midair, Medusa transformed into her demon persona, a giant snake with grey diamonds all along her back, purple separating the diamonds from her otherwise black scales. Kai released her and fell to the ground.
           Khan chuckled. "Those two are weird."
           "I'll say." Everyone turned around to see Emma with her arms crossed.
           "By your expression, I'm guessing you couldn't get the sword to budge?" Khan asked.
           Emma shook her head. "I'm beginning to think this thing isn't for me to use." She said.
           Khan shook his head. "I promise that if you are of original royal blood, and you are, then it should work."
           Emma sighed and rolled her eyes. "I'm sick of pulling on this thing. What do I have to do to be worthy or whatever?"
           Khan shrugged. "No idea." He said. "I don't know what to tell you but to keep trying."
           Emma stomped her foot. "I've been trying for a year now! And I've made no progress!"
           Khan shrugged. "I'm sure you'll be able to pull it out in time."
           Emma sighed. "Maybe." She said, stomping off toward the tavern. Khan looked at Lance, who shrugged.
           "Let's just hope she can get that thing out." Lance said. Khan nodded.

           Huey looked around the barren desert, away from the town.
          "So why are we out here again?" Andrew asked.
          Carson grinned. "We're gonna take down a beast. Then maybe we'll help y'all out." He said, pointing his guns around, ready to fire. Aro sighed and frowned as he looked down at his bow, which was held together by a scarf.
           "I liked this bow." He said. "Don't think this'll hold it."
          Huey patted him on the shoulder. "I'm sure it'll be fine." Suddenly, the ground shook beneath them, the sand shifting.
           "Here she comes." Carson said, tipping his hat.
           "Why are you excited?!" Andrew shouted. The ground in front of them erupted, an explosion of sand shooting up into the air. When the sand cleared from the air, it revealed a large reptilian creature, covered in a thick skin and plenty of dust and sand. It let out a roar that sent everyone's hair whipping around, Carson grabbing his hat. Huey moved his hands around, drawing the water from the pack on his back and moving it around, forming it into a large crude hammer shape. Carson pointed his guns at the creature. Andrew and Aro stood slack jawed as they looked up at the beast. "That's a dragon?" Andrew squeaked.
            Aro lightly nodded. "Think so." He said.
            Huey turned to them. "Oh, come on. You've taken down demons and you're afraid of a dragon?" He asked. Andrew and Aro nodded.
           "It's the most fearsome beast in the mortal realm!" Andrew shouted.
           Huey scoffed. "Just move!" He shouted as the dragon lurched over at them, taking a bite out of the air.
           Carson launched two bullets at the dragon, but they simply bounced off. "Now you see our issue!" He shouted. Huey nodded, jumping up and raising the water over his head, slamming it into the dragon's head, attracting its attention.
           "Andrew, now!" Andrew jumped up and sent a strong punch into the side of the dragon's head, pushing it farther toward Huey, its neck bending. The dragon bent its neck all the way around and snapped at Andrew, who dodged to the side and slammed into the sand.
           Aro notched an arrow and pulled back the string. "Enhance!" He shouted. The blazing blue arrow shot through the air, penetrating the dragon's thick hide. The dragon roared and looked down at Aro, who put on a blank expression. He began running, the dragon pursuing him. "I didn't mean it! I'm sorry!" He shouted.
           Carson landed beside him. "Yo, kid. You mind doin your little trick on my bullets?" Aro nodded and placed his fingers on Carson's gun.
          "Enhance!" He shouted, taking off. Carson smiled. He turned and fired two more of the bullets, sinking them into the dragon's face. The dragon chomped at him, but Carson dodged just in time. Aro notched another arrow and fired it, the scarf unraveling and the bow flying in half once again. Aro shouted out as the dragon looked down at him. Huey raced over as the dragon rose and began plummeting down toward Aro, who continued to shout.
           "Aro!" Huey shouted. Aro looked over to him. Huey flung a small blue stone at Aro, who raised his bow to block it. The rock fit itself into the split part of the bow. There was a bright blue glow, the dragon falling back with a roar. Aro opened his eyes and looked down at his bow, which now has a shimmering golden handle, with royal blue limbs and a nearly clear bowstring. The blue stone was planted at the center of the handle, adding texture to the grip. Aro smiled. He notched an arrow, which instantly enhanced, without Aro saying a word. He released the arrow, planting it into the dragon's face. He jumped up into the air and spun the bow around, feeling it change. The limbs straightened out, the string disappearing, forming the weapon into a bowstaff with golden ends, which quickly took on the blue glow as Aro raised it above his head. He let out a battle cry as he slammed the staff into the dragon's head. The dragon roared and launched Aro off of himself, stepping back a ways. Andrew and Carson landed beside Aro.
           "How did you get the stone?" Andrew asked.
           Huey smiled. "May have borrowed it from Duros." He said.
           Aro smiled as he admired his new weapon, spinning it around. "Oh yeah." He said. "That's what I'm talking about." He stopped the bow with an arrow notched in it, launching it at the dragon. Huey jumped up with Andrew by his side. Once near the dragon, they split, slamming into both sides of the dragon's head. Aro jumped up with his glowing blue fists and slammed them both into the center of the dragon's head, sending it to the ground. Aro took an arrow out and pointed it right at the dragon's temple. The arrow blazed blue, but Aro gave it another kick with his shout, sending the arrow completely through the dragon's head. He mounted the bow across his chest and high fived Huey and Andrew, who shrunk back down to his normal size.
           Carson chuckled. "Impressive. I think Silver'll approve."
           Huey smiled. "Glad to hear it." Back at town, Silver sat at the bar with her feet propped up on it. "We killed it." Huey said.
           Silver turned and looked. "Oh, so fast?" She asked. Huey smiled and nodded. Silver smirked. "Maybe together we can win." She said.
           Huey nodded. "I believe so." He held up his fist. Silver sighed and stood.
           She whistled sharply. "Pack it up, boys. We're headed to Tritanus. Send word to anyone who's up for a fight!"
          Huey smiled. "Thank you."
           Silver nodded. "You scratch our back, we help stop the world from becoming a giant ball of darkness."
           Huey laughed. "Works for me. Now, we have about twenty days to train and get ready for the Demon King's arrival. We need to leave as soon as possible."
           Silver smiled. "We can leave right now." She snapped her fingers. The outlaws in the saloon all lined up behind her. "Saddle up and let's ride!" She shouted. Huey led the way back toward the canyon, Aro and Andrew right behind him, Ripsaw rubbing against his face.
            "Hey, wait. You could have helped us against the dragon." Huey said, eyeing Ripsaw. He meowed and went back to rubbing Huey's face. Huey chuckled. "Aw, alright. I'll let it slide."