Chapter 8

Khan tapped the man on the shoulder. He looked to be about Aro's age. The man looked up and shouted, crawling backward. Khan stared at him with a raised eyebrow.
           He waved. "What did you just do?" He asked. The man swallowed, shaking his head.
           He looked around at the dark sky around him. "It's night right?" He asked. Khan nodded. He moved the metal and glass up from his eyes to his forehead. "Good. Didn't wanna live in darkness." He stood and brushed his pants off. The first thing Khan noticed when he stood in the light of a street lamp was his bright blue hair.
            "Your hair is blue." Khan said, rising to his feet. The man nodded, knocking on the wall of a building he was beside.
            "Uh huh, it's dyed."
            Khan raised an eyebrow. "Died?" He asked.
            The man looked at him. "Well yeah. It's where you change your hair color."
            Khan was even more confused. "You can kill your hair to change its color?" He asked.
            The man smiled and shook his head. "While it does sometimes damage your hair, it's just a coloring. I promise my hair is very much alive."
            Khan shook his head. "Anyways, who are you?"
            The man stuck out his hand. "I'm Micah. I'm from another dimension. I think."
            Khan smiled and shook Micah's hand. "I'm Khan. I've met someone from another dimension, but they're a lot closer to me than you. Which realm are you from?"
            Micah shrugged. "I don't know what a realm is."
            Khan thought for a moment. "Well, the known realms are here, the mortal realm, the shadow realm, Gehenna, The void, and Catastrophe. Sound familiar?"
            Micah shook his head. "Not at all." He said. "I'm from Jerely." He said with a smile.
            Khan raised an eyebrow. "Jerely?" He asked.
            Micah nodded. "It's a place in Amoira. On the planet Earth."
            Khan shook his head. "Hold on. What is Amoira? Also what's a planet?"
            Micah laughed. "Well, at least I know where your people are at." Khan raised an eyebrow. Micah pointed into the sky. "Been to space?" Khan shook his head. Micah nodded. "Yeah, you live on a planet, not sure what it's called, and whatever island you're on, that's your continent. Then in continents, there are countries and states."
            Khan smiled. "I live in the country of Tritanus."
            Micah smiled. "Well, at least you know something." Khan shrugged. "Can I see a map of this island?" Micah asked.
            Khan shrugged. "I'm sure I have one in my tavern somewhere." He motioned for Micah to follow him. He led Micah into the Stormy Fox, which was illuminated by fire on the inside.
            Micah looked around in awe. "A genuine medieval tavern." He said with a smile. Khan raised an eyebrow and started digging around in the storage room until he'd found a map. He unrolled it and placed it on the bar. Micah sat down and observed it. "So you have the largest empire of the three on your continent?" Micah asked.
           Khan shrugged. "I guess you could say that, yeah. But we're good friends with Raal and the M'Feles, who don't officially have a country, but it's whatever." He smiled. "And we're working on making friends with the residents of the west."
            Micah nodded. "A completely United island." He said. "Amazing! Where is your leader?" The door to the tavern opened, Dagger stumbling in and tripping on a chair.
            "Khan! I just had the most amazing date with my wife. Wanna hear?"
            Khan shook his head. "I'm sure it's something that should stay between you two." He said with a nervous smile. Dagger made his way over to the bar and sat down beside Micah.
           Dagger looked him over. "What's that white metal you have on?" Dagger slurred.
           Micah laughed. "It's carbon fiber. Light yet reliable. I'm Micah." He stuck out his hand.
           Dagger smiled and shook it. "I am Dagger, king of the country of Tritanus."
           Micah looked at Khan. "This is your leader?" He asked.
           Khan shrugged. "He's new." He said. Dagger passed out on the bar.
           "So, what's your story?" Micah asked. "And how are you so tight with the king?"
           Khan smiled. "What the heck? I'm free and bored. I'll start from the beginning. It all started about sixteen years ago......" Khan told Micah the story of The Dragon's Bounty, how they'd prevented the Demon King from coming twice, and that he was coming back a third time, no visible way of preventing it. He told the tale of Dagger's rise to power, Kai's escapade through each of the realms, and how his mind was shattered. The fights they had against each of the Demon King's minions, and the recruitment of the seven deadly sins. Micah sat excitedly through it all. Finally, after a few hours, Khan had recalled all of their adventures. "And right now, a few of us went down below the city to check out something or other, and some of us went out west to make friends with the outlaws."
           Micah nodded. "That's an amazing story. You should write a book."
           Khan shrugged. "I'm no good at that kind of stuff." He said with a smile.
           "Anyways, I'd love to help with the fight against the Demon King, though I'm not too experienced in fighting. All I have are my laser pistols."
           Khan raised an eyebrow. "What are pistols?" He asked. Micah smiled and pulled out a strange weapon made of "carbon fiber." He pointed it around and held it in a strange stance. The visor lowered over his face, a red circle appearing on the glass part. Khan smiled. "That's pretty cool I guess." He said, scratching the back of his head. Micah laughed. He pointed the pistol at the wall and pulled the trigger, firing a laser straight through the wall. Khan nodded. "Could be useful." He said. Micah nodded. "Now, what's your story?" Khan asked.
            Micah sighed. "I guess I should since you told me your's. It all started earlier this year......." He looked off into the wall.