Chapter 00: Prologue

"Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing Highschool?"

"That is certainly correct."

"That's one hell of a name. They could've made it shorter."

"Totally."

"I don't see why I should consider enrolling in such school. I mean, I'm not even 15 yet, maybe in 5 months."

"You know, in modern society, if you're smart enough you could directly go to highschool even at the age of 10."

"So you're implying that I'm smart? I feel honored to be remarked as an intelligent fellow by someone of your caliber. But alright, I'll consider enrolling, no, scratch that. I am enrolling."

"Pleased to hear that. You'll be taking a written test to prove that you're actually on the level of a highschooler before you enroll. It will be made by the highschool directly, after that you're free to take their entrance exams."

"Hm. I wonder if it'll pose a challenge to me..."

"Only time would tell, Sugawara Machizane."

"Gotcha, shall we go then?"

"Let's go."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Me and the individual who posed as my guardian during the attempt of my enrollment into Japan's most prestigious educational institution have arrived at the highschool's gate.

Only 3 months until the entrance exams commence so we had a lot of time until then.

I took an exam made especially for me to prove that I am capable of entering the best school in Japan since I still wasn't of highschool age, I'm still 14.

It's only a year difference between me and the new batch of students who were going to enroll in this school.

I finished the exam in the span of 3 minutes and 42 seconds. Yes, I counted.

The questions were so easy even a younger me would've gotten all the questions right.

After finishing the exam, me and my guardian were escorted to the chairman's office, he wanted to personally check my answers.

To his amazement, they were all correct.

I let out a smirk of arrogance as I shoved my hands inside my pockets.

"So he can solve university level questions..." The chairman, who is known to us as Chairman Sakayanagi muttered under his breath. His voice was so quiet that not me or my guardian were able to make out what he has muttered.

"So?" I broke the everlasting silence.

"You're in. Make sure to drop by in 3 months to take the entrance exams."

"Will do." I replied.

I didn't feel like waiting for my guardian since he was blabbering about some random things I didn't bother listening to so I got off my seat and was about to wait outside.

"I'm going to wait in the limousine outside, make it quick." I told my guardian before leaving the chairman office.

The school looked humongous. It had many long hallways, and in one of them I encountered a beautiful lady who seemed to be in her late 20s - early 30s.

She had long brown hair that was tied in a ponytail and was wearing your usual office worker clothing, a suit and a skirt paired with some tights.

I looked at her in the eye as I walked past her, needless to say she did so too.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

(Chabashira Sae POV)

I was called up to the chairman's office to escort a presumably father-son duo again, after escorting them into Chairman Sakayanagi's office. They did not look like each other in the slightest which made me doubt that they were related but I'm not in a place that lets me doubt something like that.

On my way, I encountered the child whom I escorted along with his guardian. He was dressed in casual clothing and seemed to be standing at a height that does not exceed 169 cm.

I wondered why he left so early, I mean, wasn't he going to leave with his guardian?

Though that was not the issue, the issue was the aura radiating from him. It was so tense that it made the hair on my skin stiffen up.

The way he stared at my eyes too, that was not a stare, in fact that was a glare. As if he was analyzing me the whole time. It was definitely not the usual stare you'd receive from a kid, it felt like this kid has seen things.

After we walked past each other I stopped in my tracks, though I could still hear the sound of his footsteps trudging through the floor.

I turned around to look at him, he was still moving.

I'm used to students glaring at me like that, but the actual thing here is the aura he emitted, I have never felt so nervous in my life before. It was levels above the nervousness I feel when Chairman Sakayanagi is in the same room as me.

Just who is he?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

(5 Minute Timeskip)
(Chairman Sakayanagi POV)

This was insane, no. Even insane wasn't the best word to describe the current situation.

This student just came in, solved a test which consisted of 50 university level questions in the span of 3 minutes and left.

When I had Sae present the test for the boy, I didn't take him failing the exam into account. I mean you don't have kids who skip grades come into your office asking to enroll everyday no? so I had high hopes for this student.

I just had a feeling that he was actually going to answer some questions, but this was something else. He answered every single question right!

I snickered to myself, rereading the answers again.

Just then, I heard a knock on the door. I placed the test inside my drawer for future reference.

"Come in." I allowed the individual behind the door to come in, I knew it was Sae too. She has a special way of knocking.

"Pardon my Intrusion."

"No problem. Say, how do you see the boy?" I needed to know what Sae thought of the once-in-a-generation child.

"At first glance, he seemed to be sweet. But then in the hallways, I walked past him and boy did he emit an aura so tense that every strand of hair on my skin stiffened."

I exhaled as I stared at the ceiling. Is he that superior?

"I've got some more paperwork to do before I head home."

"You're free to leave, Sae."

"Thank you."

Sugawara Machizane. I cannot wait to see how far you'll be getting here.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I present you all my new work, a CoTE fic! (woohoo!)

Please leave some feedback for me, I'm still new to this fic making thingy + English isn't my first language so my condolences for any grammatical mistakes.