Chapter 03: Sudo Ken's Fuss

(Horikita Suzune POV)

My eyes scanned each corner in the classroom for only one individual.

Sugawara Machizane.

I anticipated his arrival to the classroom to the point where my mind couldn't think about anything else. What happened yesterday wasn't something I could just forget about so easily, if that's what Sugawara-kun is intending for me to do.

For some reason I felt anxious. Sugawara-kun is 14, and scored a 100 in the entrance exams and I know nii-san doesn't lie. I heard about students being able to skip grades only if they're smart enough to do so. Does that mean Sugawara-kun skipped the 3rd year of middle school?

"What's wrong, Horikita."

I turned to where the voice was coming from, seems like Ayanokoji-kun noticed my anxiousness. Is it fine if I tell him about what happened yesterday? would Sugawara-kun want that? I don't think I'm gonna tell Ayanokoji-kun for now. Maybe I could use this as a method to force Sugawara-kun into helping me to reach Class A and make nii-san acknowledge me.

But I wonder if he'll fall prey to it, after all he blackmailed the student council president himself so I doubt he's gonna listen to me if I force him, that's how middle schoolers are, aren't they?

"Horikita?"

Right, I forgot to respond to Ayanokoji-kun, he's probably suspecting something right now.

"Nothing's wrong, Ayanokoji-kun. Mind your own business."

"As you like."

By now, all the students have arrived to the classroom except Sugawara-kun, I wonder if what happened yesterday caused him problems today because I knew nii-san isn't the type to stay silent after being humiliated like that.

Then he finally entered the classroom. Sugawara-kun would be greeted by Maya-san as usual, and right after that he walked over to his seat.

"Morning, Horikita, Ayanokoji-kun."

"Good morning." Me and Ayanokoji-kun replied in sync.

I kept staring at him even after he sat down and I suspect it made him feel uncomfortable since he kept shooting some glances at me, I assumed they were a hint for me to stop but I couldn't do it anyways.

"Is there anything you need Horikita?" The boy questioned.

"No, I apologize."

"Are you sure? You kept staring at me for about 5 minutes, there's no way you don't want anything."

"Forget about it."

So now Sugawara-kun has over 1,000,000 private points, I wonder what he's gonna do with such amount, after all kids his age tend to spend a lot of money so I wouldn't be surprised if he spends that amount in the span of 3 days at least.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

(Sugawara Machizane POV)

What's wrong with her? She keeps glancing at me every now and then. Is it because of what happened yesterday night? I mean it is true she could be holding a grudge on me because I beat her nii-san, but it was for her!