Chapter 02: Siblings Conflict

"Yo, Ayanokoji-kun."

You probably wouldn't believe me but I made a friend out of the gloomiest kid in my class, Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. I waved at him after I got out of my dorm, looks like we're neighbors.

We walked together until we reached the school, where we met Horikita. Surprisingly she stopped for us to catch up to her, was she usually this nice?

"Morning, Horikita." I spoke.

"Good morning, Sugawara-kun, Ayanokoji-kun."

"Good morning, Horikita." Ayanokoji replied monotonously.

Our walk to the classroom was pretty awkward and quiet, we didn't have much in common and to be the only person who's willing to chit-chat when the other 2 are robots and don't talk unless spoken to is a bit hard.

We entered the classroom and I was suddenly met with Maya Sato who was standing next to the door.

"Good morning, Sugawara-kun~"

"Morning, Maya-san." I replied nonchalantly and made my way to my seat.

"What's that emotionless response, Sugawara-kun?" Maya-san pouted, I can't lie she looked adorable.

"Sorry, that's just my tone, I can't change it." Truth to be told, my tone sounded apathetic and while I can change it to sound more human, I didn't like hiding behind masks so I don't really care.

"It's fine, I still think you're cool!" She smiled at me.

"Am I? Thanks.."

With that, Maya-san returned to her group of friends which consisted of most of the girls in our class, starting from Inogashira-san and ending with Karuizawa-san.

"Getting popular with females I see." Seems like Horikita was listening to my conversation with Maya-san and hid it behind the act of reading a book.

"It's just Maya-san, she's the only female I've been approached by so far."

"Is that so? because when you're not present I always hear the females talking about you or Hirata-kun."

That's definitely a sign of me getting famous, just you wait Horikita. I'm gonna rule over this school with just my charisma.

"Good for me I guess."

The classroom then went silent after the door was opened by our beloved teacher, Chabashira-sensei.

While she was teaching us, the classroom was completely chaotic. Students were on their phones, chit-chatting or simply sleeping like Sudo-kun, it was truly a hopeless sight. I wonder how many class points we'll have left after this.

Wait a minute, Chabashira-sensei doesn't seem to be paying attention to the misbehaving students, yet our class points still get reduced and I'm 100% sure Chabashira-sensei has nothing to do with it.

If she is teaching us right now, how do our class points get calculated? who determines the amount of class points we lose? There's only one conclusion I came to that makes sense.

We're being watched. That's the only satisfying conclusion I could come to. There's no way Chabashira-sensei could watch misbehaving students and at the same time teach us, so the only logical conclusion is that we're being watched.