Chapter 2

Madeline's POV:

"Father?!?"

"Yes? What did you find out, my daughter?" Voldemort says while he and our mother walk into the cell.

I tell our father and mother everything Draco said to Theodore, Andrea, and me. Our father listens carefully until I'm finished.

"Mattheo, my son, is all of this true?" Voldemort asks.

"My sweet boy... why?" Bellatrix asks.

"Yes it is, father and I'm so sorry, mother," Mattheo says, hanging his head.

"Why didn't you tell us, brother?" Tom and I ask at the same time.

Theodore comes into the room, looks at me, and then speaks.

"Draco passed out. I was doing a healing spell and it became too much for him."

"Okay, father?"

"Everyone listen to me!" Voldemort yells.

"Tom and Theodore go deal with Malfoy in the other room," he says and the two boys nod at him before leaving the room together to go to Malfoy's cell.

"Tessa, Madeline, and Andrea deal with Mattheo in here," Voldemort says while looking at Bellatrix.

We nod to my father before he and my mother leave the cell. I notice my mother has sadness in her eyes after she turns away from Mattheo. After my parents leave, I turn my attention to my twin brother.

"Please tell me why you did it. Tell me what Potter's plans are, please brother. I promise I will make sure nobody else, including our father, will hurt you if you just tell me."

"Maddie's right, if you tell us maybe you can be forgiven, Mattheo," Tessa says.

"Telling the truth might get my brother forgiven," Andrea says.

"I did it because I knew we needed information and we didn't have an actual plan yet. Potter is planning on sacrificing himself to save Hogwarts, but he's not going to die because he's going to get someone to betray us. I promise that I would never betray my family," Mattheo says.

Tom's POV:

"Can we really trust you though, baby brother?" I ask as Theodore and I enter the room.

"Tom's right, Mattheo. I don't know if we can truly trust you, not until you take Veritaserum," Maddie says.

Madeline uses her magic to conjure Veritaserum. She puts it to Mattheo's lips for him to drink it, but he keeps his lips firmly closed. Madeline sighs before motioning for Theodore and me to help. Theodore grabs Mattheo to hold him still while I pry his mouth open.

"I'm sorry," Maddie whispers while she pours the clear liquid down his throat.

"Was that so bad, baby brother? You could have done that by yourself."

"I told you I don't need Veritaserum," Mattheo says.

"We'll be the judge of that. Start by telling us why you betrayed us and what Potter's plans are," Maddie says.

"I didn't betray you. I felt like I had to pretend to betray you because we needed information about Potter's plans. Potter is planning on sacrificing himself to save Hogwarts, but he's not going to die."

"I guess he told the truth. Now we have to decide to forgive Mattheo and Malfoy," Maddie says.

"We need all the help we can get for the battle," Theodore says.

"We do need all the help, but I don't fully trust them. You're dismissed," Voldemort says.

"Thank you, father," Maddie and I say at the same time.

"Thank you, My Lord." Tessa, Theodore, and Andrea say.