Chapter 5

Madeline's POV:

"Father? You wanted to see us?"

"Yes, yes. Come sit, my dear child." Voldemort says.

Theodore and I walk to the front of the room where our families are sitting. Theodore sits next to his father while I sit between Tom and him. I look over at Andrea and see that the rest of her family's chairs were pulled from the table as well as Mattheo's chair. Tom grips my hand and lightly squeezes it under the table.

"Father, I was wondering if you have come up with punishments for the Malfoy family excluding Andrea and Mattheo. I know I'm not at my full strength yet, but I need to kill. I am a Riddle after all."

"I have the perfect surprise for you then, my dear. I need Bellatrix, Tom, Madeline, Andrea Malfoy, and the Nott family to come with me to the dungeons. Everyone else is dismissed," Voldemort says.

We all stand from our seats and quickly follow behind my father to the dungeons. My father stops at one particular cell and uses a large metal key to open the door. Tom, Tessa, Theodore, Andrea, and I peek inside to see Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy tied to metal chairs.

Tom's POV:

"Haha, Malfoy's parents are being held in their own dungeon."

"Shut up, Tom. You're acting like a child," Maddie says, angrily.

"SILENCE!" our father yells.

"Sorry, father." Maddie and I quickly say at the same time.

"What's the surprise?" I ask our father.

"I'm glad you asked. The Malfoys..." looking at Andrea. "excluding Andrea, have to pay for Draco's behavior. You get to decide which one of them dies, Madeline," Voldemort explains.

I give Andrea a small reassuring smile before responding to my father.

"I know just the way. Where is Draco?" Maddie says with a smirk.

Voldemort points to the cell across from where we are. We walk over and see Draco groaning and mumbling swear words.

"Father? Can you open the door and release the curse on him?" Maddie asks.

"Yes, but why would I do that my darling?" Voldemort asks.

"Because the way I have in mind I need him," Maddie says with a wicked smile.

Theodore's POV:

Voldemort uses another metal key to open the door and then signals Tom to undo the spell that was cast on Draco. Tom reductively does so before Maddie and I walk into the cell holding hands. When we get close enough, Maddie lets go of my hand and violently kicks Draco's leg. He frantically opens his eyes and looks around.

"Draco, I'll make you a deal. If you do what I say... then I won't hurt you," Maddie says with a wicked smile.

Maddie doesn't wait for him to respond and slightly tilts her head toward Draco signaling for Tom and me to help. We quickly go over to make sure not to upset her and take the chains off Draco. I use my magic to heal Draco's wounds as he slowly stands to his feet, slightly wobbling like a child learning to walk.

"Don't be scared, Draco. I have something to show you," Maddie says with yet another wicked smile.

"W-what i-is i-it?"

"Oh well..." Maddie says, signaling for her parents, my parents, Tessa, and Andrea to move out of the way.

Madeline's POV:

I grab Theodore's hand again and walk out of the cell. We walk over to the other cell with Draco and Tom on our heels. Once we are close, Theodore and I move back ushering Draco to look into the cell. Once he realizes his parents are in the cell, Draco looks even more petrified if possible.

"Pl-please let them go... I never met for what I did to come to this," Draco begs.

"My father, Lord Voldemort, told me that I get to decide which one of your family, other than your younger sister, dies. But I don't want to have to make such a big decision that will ruin the Malfoy family forever so I want you to. You get to decide who lives and who dies. If you don't then I'll just have all three of you killed."

"I-I don't have my wand," Draco says, stuttering a little.

I smile devilishly and let out an evil laugh before using my magic to conjure a shiny silver dagger.

"I want you to use this instead, don't just use magic. Feel the life being drained away. I want it to be... PAINFUL!"

Draco gulps and slowly takes the dagger from my open hand. He goes to slit his throat, but I stop him. I look at Andrea and mouth "I'm sorry" before responding.

"If you're going to kill yourself, I want you quite literally to stab yourself... in the gut. I want your parents to have to watch you suffer a painful death and then maybe then they'll know they failed as parents. This is your punishment for betraying the Death Eaters."

I quickly nod to Tom and Theodore. They walk into the cell Lucius and Narcissa are in. Tom grabs a hold of Narcissa making her look directly at Draco while Theodore spells Lucius to freeze him.

"Now Draco..." I start before nodding to Tom and then continue.

"DO IT!" I yell.

Draco looks sympathetically at his mother before stabbing himself in the gut. Warm bright red liquid splatters out of the wound as Draco collapses to the floor. He coughs up a lot of fresh bright red blood and Narcissa starts quietly crying before breaking into a loud sob. Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy realize they can't do anything to stop this and watch in horror as their only son dies on the floor in front of them. Narcissa looks over to her only daughter, but Andrea walks away and goes upstairs. I kick Draco to make sure he is finally dead and then signal to the boys to let the two (alive) Malfoys (in the room) go. Right after Tom unties Narcissa, she races to Draco's side even though she knows he's already dead.

"Lucius, get your wife under control. Your betrayal of a son sacrificed himself for you bloody traitors. Now leave before I have you both killed too. This is no longer your home as you have proven you are not trustworthy Death Eaters. Also on top of that, time and time again, you have shown that you cared only for your son, but what about your beautiful young daughter? Andrea is just as powerful as her older brother was. I ban you from ever coming back here again," I growl in a threatening voice.

"You can't do that, you're not in charge of the Death Eaters or me, little girl," Lucius spits.

I look over at my father and older brother. Our father steps in front of me and stands in Lucius's face.

"Actually Lucius she will be. Tom decided to decline the role and Madeline is my next oldest child, so she will be the next ruler," Voldemort says while looking back at me.

I smile and mouth "thank you" to my father.