Chapter 2

[ Chapter 2 ]– Dagny Scorpius

       Humans are complicated creatures. He already knows that his probability of survival in this world is very low. But that doesn't stop him from trying to survive instead of just accepting defeat and just die.

Maybe, it is just a primal need of some beings to survive even if he was a lazy ass of a human being.

3 days have passed since his transportation as Dagny Scorpius, he has sorted out the incomplete set of memories that came from the original owner.

He wondered why he get an incomplete set of memories but it was better than nothing at all.

Other than sorting out the memories from Dagny, he also started recalling all of the things that he knows from the book to the best of his faulty memories.

After that, he started to settle down slightly from the uncertainty, fear, and panic that he was experiencing.

With their memories and his knowledge of the book, he was starting to build a foundation on how to adapt to small baby steps in this new world.

Still, he hoped that he wouldn't get stuck in this world forever and find a way back to his home world. Even if he was an orphan and rarely talk to his distant relatives and doesn't have close friends. ( Those friends in Social Media and Forums aren't considered real friends at all) He still wanted to go back to his world.

Dagny has no plan of staying here forever. It may be impossible for now to go back, but maybe someday. He could go back home. It wasn't impossible considering the feats that this world has to offer.

Just as he stated earlier, Weapon of the Abyss is a dark fantasy novel in a post-apocalyptic modern world setting. Some people in this world possess unique traits such as having very exceptional talent in a certain field, possessing a skill, ability, psychic or magic.

From Dagny's imperfect memories that he left behind, he doesn't have anything of those that he has mentioned. It appears that he was just an ordinary human being.

He has no arsenal that he can use to survive other than his knowledge which came from the book.

Other than that, he has some things to worry about. From what he gathered from the memories, it appears that Dagny is an orphan like him.

But unlike him who has experienced his parent's love for 12 years, Dagny's mother died of childbirth while his father was completely unknown.

Just like the other children of the organization, he was raised and indoctrinated by the beliefs and rules of the Abyss.

Dagny Scorpius was a loyal member of the Organization who only think of helping and serving the Abyss. He also dreamed of becoming one of the important members and being given a code name and wanting to meet the Big Boss of the organization. But unfortunately, his body can't meet the possibilities of his dreams. As he doesn't possess any of the exceptional qualities needed to rise on the ranks and become a special member.

Dagny Scorpius was just one of the many mindless sheep who was also a fanatic. He was disgusted to find among the memories that if someone ordered from the higher-ups, Dagny was willing to kill anyone even if it was an innocent child.

He wasn't sure with the imperfect memories granted to him if Dagny has killed someone yet. But from the knowledge of the book and some memories supplied by Dagny, children raised by the organization started their mission at the age of 15 with some very rare exceptions like the Protagonist Kurota Tenji.

Dagny Scorpius is just a normal organization member so he hasn't started his mission yet.

But he wasn't relieved to find out in the memories that he would start his mission next week the day that Dagny Scorpius would turn 15 years old.

The thought of killing someone was uncomfortable. But if someday, it was necessary and he have no other choice, then he can only bury the guilt and prepare to kill someone.

The next week would be Dagny Scorpius's mission. It appears that the content of his first mission hasn't appeared yet. He hopes so. As he finds Dagny's incomplete memories unreliable.

Temporarily, while he waits for the mission next week, he would just stays in Dagny's room and would only go out when necessary.

As an orphan raised by the organization, Dagny Scorpius was currently living in one of the facilities of the Abyss. He was currently living in a dormitory just like the other orphan members.

This facility of the Abyss Organization was located on the South Continent Headquarters which was only second to the Main Headquarters of the Organization when it comes to importance.

In the Southern Continent Headquarters, Other than the Dormitories provided by the Abyss, there are the Training and Research Facilities, Academy, and Library.

He said that he would just stay in the room and would go out when it was necessary. But knowing that there is a library, he couldn't just stay inside this room and wait until the start of Dagny's mission next week.

Knowledge is important. And the Library of the organization is full of books containing the knowledge that he needed to further enhance his chance of surviving in this organization.

Taking out Dagny's phone and Identification Card, he left Dagny's room and the dormitory, heading towards the library.