Chapter 11

[Chapter 11] Mission Retry

" Thallium. Remember it well, Dagny. "

If someone would ask Dagny, what organization could be possibly worse than Abyss that he doesn't even consider joining the said organization, there is only one thing in his mind.

Virus- It is a secret organization like Abyss who have done a lot of illegal things. But, they have further stepped up on their cruel methods than the Abyss. Members of this organization are titled after different types of poisonous matters just like how the organization of Abyss members is named after gems.

If the low-ranking members of the Abyss are viewed as disposable meatbags, In the Virus organization, even if you are a code-named member, there is no safety guaranteed with your status.

Furthermore, to be a member of this organization, it was needed for a person to at least ingest one type of poison and survive afterward on their own. The goal of this organization was to develop a 'virus' that penetrates everyone's mind and makes every people bend to their will like mindless puppets. This organization is known to develop new types of poison every few years.

And the fake Howl or Thallium as he revealed was one of the High Ranking members of the Virus Organization which was also equivalent to an S rank like Spinel, Jade, etc.

After Spinel's questioning (interrogation) Dagny was finally given a go to leave the Hospital funded by the organization.

After he left the Hospital, he immediately headed where the Main Headquarters is located and headed the General Building and inform to one of the designated Task Instructors on this place what happened to his first mission.

Dagny Scorpius's first mission failed.

Since he was a low-ranking member and he failed his first task, there should be severe punishment for his failure. Fortunately for him, he was one of the few exceptions now to escape unpunished for his mission failure.

Since he was rescued by Onyx, a high-ranking member of the Abyss- The people within the organization don't want to trouble themselves or risk offending Onyx who has bothered on saving his life.

No one wanted to offend the Ace of the organization who was known for his cruel killing methods.

The Task Instructor then smiled after taking note of the things he answered during the summary of his failure of the mission.

" Thank you for cooperating. Since your mission has failed and you lost the item during the attack, we the general affairs should inform the mission requester from Development Department. "

Hopefully, the requester wouldn't bear a grudge against Dagny for his mission failure. Dagny thought inside his mind. He then continued to listen to the Task Instructor.

" Since you have failed the mission, I should have informed you of the significance of the first mission. Choosing the mission type would help you in settling into one of the departments of our Organization. Unfortunately, you have failed your task and you aren't still part of any department. "

Hearing those words, Dagny wanted to sigh. He wanted to get into Development Department. The failure of his mission had lessened his chances of getting into that department.

" But since the situation is out of control, someone has told us to give you a second chance. The first mission that you have taken belongs to the development department. Do you want to take another type of mission or do you want to take the same type of mission? "

" I want to take the same type. "

" .. Hmmm. I see. "

The task instructor nodded her head slightly and gestured.

" There are different missions that you could look at on the website through your cellphone. In the second chance given to you, I hope you would succeed this time, young man. "

Bringing out his cell phone from his pocket- Dagny was thankful to find out that he didn't lose it like his package. Fleur has given it to him when he woke up since she have picked it up and decided to return it to him.

Using his phone, Dagny then logged into the Abyss website. As expected on his account, his first mission was already recorded as a failure. Dagny then started to browse the mission panel of the website.

He then looked at the department's development of low-ranked missions, after thinking for a while, Dagny finally choose new tasks for himself.

[ Task: Cleaning

Request: Chemical Division Member

Description: Clean a room in the Chemical Division of the Development Department

Reward: 30 contribution points

Mission Failure: 100 contribution points deduction ]

This mission is the one for him. It wasn't very risky and the mission failure would only result in a contribution point deduction.

[ Mission Request Accepted ]

With a determined gaze, Dagny swear that he wouldn't encounter anything unlucky such as infiltration again. Nothing would keep him from completing this second mission.

[ Please head immediately to the Chemical Department and meet Miss Garnet. ]

He then read the follow-up instructions for the task. Then his hand shook a little bit. He gritted his teeth and decided to say a bunch of curse words inside his mind.

What kind of luck is this?

Why is he so unlucky?

It was unacceptable in the first mission that he would encounter an event that wasn't even covered in the book and meet the protagonist and some other main characters of this world.

Now, he was meeting another one of the main characters again.

Miss Garnet - The self-proclaimed best friend and older sister of the protagonist Kurota Tenji. The most precious jewel of the Development Department and someone who has made a lot of miraculous contributions to the organization.

She was a Genius who only thinks of developing miraculous and strange concoctions. The villain of the story places great importance on her since she was considered one of the current backbones of this organization.

Unfortunately, in the future, Miss Garnet would be considered to be the biggest thorn in the Organization's eyes because she just happened to encounter Kiku Shin, Dagny's favored character, and was also called the misfortune magnet by the readers.