Chapter 3

[Chapter 3]- Citrine

         In the distance, he could see a young man with gray hair wearing a bright smile on his face. He has bright blue eyes that sparkle with so much life and enthusiasm.

The gray-haired young man's smile becomes brighter when he noticed two people approaching him.

" Sakura, Tenji! "

He called out and wave his hand with excitement.

" Shin! "

The girl called sakura called out as hastened her pace away from the other person walking towards the gray-haired young man.

Unlike Shin's bright smile, she was furrowing her brows and there was a fake smile on her face.

" Sakura? "

Before Shin could step forward to ask what was wrong, Sakura suddenly fell to the ground.

Her back was tainted with crimson as it slowly spread on her. Shin has a shocked look on his face and eventually notices the other person with them.

But instead of approaching Tenji and looking at him with a betrayed look on his face, Shin stared at 'him' with anger.

Behind Shin was Tenji who was smiling meaningfully at 'him'.

" You!! "

Shin pointed at him.

....Now he was confused.

Did he mean him?

Isn't Tenji the one who was responsible for Sakura's death?

Why him?

Why point finger at a person who doesn't exist at all?

Even if Sakura would die... He wouldn't do something like that to his favorite character.

Behind Shin, Tenji the protagonist was smiling like an innocent child. His blood-colored eyes twinkled with amusement.

At first glance, many people would describe the Protagonist as an innocent and pure angel in the story. Eventually, everyone in the story would discover the sinister devil hiding within the face that appears wouldn't harm anything at all.

Every one of those people was deceived.

He swear that he wouldn't let it happen to him.

Never.

-----------------------

       Next week and on the fated day of Dagny Scorpiu's first mission, he was waiting in the training facility of the auditorium of the Southern Continent Headquarters. Other than Dagny, other teenagers are waiting for their first mission.

In the past few days before this fated day, the results of reading in the library have garnered some useful results. He learned so much information about this world.

Despite that, he knows that it wouldn't still be enough and he was still lacking. It wouldn't be enough for his survival.

Sighing, he spared a glance at the other people that were waiting in the training facilities auditorium. They also sat in the chair like him. Unlike the usual attitude of teenagers, all of the other youth that was waiting for the 'Mission Instructor' was quiet. There was no lively chatting with friends and bickering. All of them weren't also seated next to each other.

This was considered the normal behavior of the indoctrinated youths who were raised by the Abyss.

He couldn't do anything but just wait here quietly while also contemplating how to survive and escape the organization.

The members of the organization came from two categories. Someone who was recruited and someone who was raised by the organization. The latter category was also divided into two types. Members who were raised by the organization were gained in two ways. First, having their parents as members of the organization, and second, acquiring the children through the orphanage or just casually killing their civilian parents if they deemed a child having the potential to be further left on a civilian.

Just thinking about those situations made him uncomfortable and feeling disgusted. Just before he arrived in this place, he woke up from a terrible and strange dream this morning.

In the best way possible, he would survive if he wouldn't interact with the protagonist Kurota Tenji who was one of the highest members of the organization and considered the ace of their sleeves.

The same also goes for his favored character Kiku Shin. Unlike the emotionless and cruel assassin, Kiku Shin was a kind-hearted person. But being a kind-hearted and righteous person doesn't eliminate the rare hidden ability that he possesses.

In every situation and event that he goes through, there would be certainly trouble. This ability ranges from innocuous to the most dangerous thing like an International Skilled Terrorist Group Attack.

The side of the Villainous Protagonist and the side of the Righteous and Justice Seeking young man– both of them are troublesome.

Then there is the Gray Side which was also not lacking in troubles of its own.

The best way for survival wasn't to be involved in any plot but eventually, the safety of survival was guaranteed by being a mob character outside of the story would eventually run out of its own.

There's no escape if the Abyss has achieved its goal of World Domination.

But he didn't even manage to finish the book. He only manages to read books 1 to 4 of the Weapon of the Abyss which was equivalent to 4 Seasons' worth of a Show.

There's uncertainty about the future despite his knowledge.

He doesn't know. That's why he would do his best and try to find a way back. His guarantee of survival in this world was already low.

He might as well die trying to find a way back than staying in this hellhole of the world.

Dying in this world was worse than in his home.

As his determination to go back to Earth was further cemented, finally, the Mission Instructor that they are waiting for arrived.

It was a beautiful lady in her late 20s blessed with good genes and a physique. He quickly averted his eyes and just stared at her face.

She was a mature-looking woman. She has a fiery sunset-colored eyes and her blond hair was tied into a bun.

She wore a white high neck that accentuate her chest and a black high waist skirt. She was also wearing red high heels and black colored stockings.

Staring at her serious and cold demeanor, she has already beaten most of the beautiful actresses back on Earth. He has nothing but a genuine appreciation for her looks and demeanor.

But he instantly awoke from his delusions, the moment she announced her identity.

" I am the current Mission Instructor Citrine. "

He didn't expect the Mission Instructor of this 15-year-olds is a coded member of the Organization.

And a familiar coded member that appeared in the book. Someone who burns her victims while they are still alive until they are killed.

Outside, Dagny Scorpius was still calm just like the other 15-year-olds in the auditorium. But inside, he was afraid of the beautiful lady on the podium.

" Congratulations, today is your first mission, your first step to becoming an official and useful member of the Abyss. Repay the organization for all of the care that it has given. We believe that you would do your best. "

Citrine who was known as the infamous Lady of Cruel Flames coldly smiled as she gaze on them.