Chapter 10

[ Chapter 10 ] Act deeper

    A 15-year-old young man was currently lying on the hospital bed as he listened to the Doctor explained to him his current situation.

" I know that it is hard to accept young man.. but eventually you would pull through this condition. "

The Doctor comforted him with a gentle and reassuring voice. The 15-year-old young man Dagny Scorpius couldn't feel anything but anger inside his mind as listened to the Doctor's explanation. His current expression is currently ugly. Seeing the look on the young man's face, the Doctor thought nothing of it just thinking that the young man currently found his situation unacceptable and not because the young man was wrongly diagnosed with a condition that he doesn't have which is what currently happening right now.

Dagny's gaze then went to the person who was standing beside the doctor. A young man who was older than Dagny by 2 years in physical appearance. Kurota Tenji is the protagonist of this world. He then averted his gaze when Kurota Tenji glance back. Even though he was feeling angry inside his mind right now, Dagny doesn't have enough courage to glare at the person who has caused this trouble.

Why did he come to that conclusion? Even if he have read the novel, Dagny would never guess how Kurota Tenji's mind works. He has even less confidence in guessing and predicting the protagonist since the novel wasn't even finished yet when he transmigrated.

Dagny was frustrated. Just because he acted differently doesn't mean that he has a DID! It was Mufflier who developed that Disorder because of the Protagonist, his problems, and this damn Abyss Organization!

After complaining a little bit inside his mind, Dagny calmed down and decided to see his situation from another's perspective. The complicated mind of the protagonist.

Dagny decided to crack up several possible speculations.

He and the Original Dagny's personalities are different from each other. His actions before he was put into this bed are just him before he decided to try to act as Dagny...

If he guessed the timeline correctly... He was currently in the Book 1 of the novel in the beginning parts of the plot and story. Just two months ago, Ling Mufflier developed a Dissociative Identity Disorder because of the traumatic events, experiences, work pressure, and choosing to intentionally separate the roles and identities that he crafted for himself.

Experiencing a near-death also didn't help Ling Mufflier's situation.

In the future, Ling Mufflier's condition wouldn't get better and become worse over time.

But that isn't what the current focus is right now. Since Mufflier's situation happened recently, the protagonist may be comparing his situation to Mufflier which is very far from the truth.

As he continued with the Doctor's plans for his treatment, Dagny wanted to continue refuting his Diagnosis.

But as he carefully thought of the situation, Dagny found an opportunity. He could use this to his advantage. This situation is better than discovering the true reason for Dagny Scorpius's abrupt personality change.

Also, Dagny wouldn't be like Ling Mufflier. He was aware of who he is and he wouldn't confuse and immerse himself to the fullest toward this world.

In his subconscious, he always knows that he doesn't belong here. Even if he promises that this world is now a reality and he could die, he would always treat this world as a story.

He would regard the people here in different categories. Protagonist, Antagonist, Major character, Supporting Characters, Cannon Fodder, and Mob Characters.

In the deep recesses, even if he saw them as people on the surface, there would be a thought that the people of this world are characters.

And he was an outsider in this story that happened to possess a mob character.

Dagny was calm as he listened to the Doctor.

Hopefully, he would be able to avoid taking treatment pills since he doesn't want to suffer any harm since he doesn't have a DID at all.

After a few minutes, the Doctor left. It was only he and the Protagonist in the room. Crimson eyes stared at him and Dagny gulped feeling nervous upon being the receiver of such attention from those emotionless crimson eyes.

After a while, while feeling fear and like he would pee if the protagonist didn't stop staring at him, the gaze finally left him. Dagny watched as Kurota Tenji left feeling confused but also relieved.

It is a complicated mix of emotions.

Dagny then recalled what he said to the protagonist to survive his poisoned state and escape the clutches of death.

" Chernobog. "

One word...

But if he wanted to be specific, it was a designation.

It was that name that belongs to an evil and dark God.

It was the protagonist's namesake.

It was Kurota Tenji's name in his past life.

To be given the wrong diagnosis by the Doctor, the doctor must have considered Kurota Tenji's experience. Kurota Tenji thought he developed a DID because of his near-death experiences like Mufflier and Dagny Scorpius's living conditions in the Abyss. The second other situation was his wanting to discover the reason why Dagny called Onyx 'Chernobog' and this is a ploy for the protagonist to discover the truth.

If the protagonist wanted to know the answer, Dagny was afraid that he can't answer the so-called truth.

It was an act of desperation that Dagny mentioned Kurota Tenji's past life name because he doesn't want to die.

Now, he was currently experiencing the consequences of it.

Dagny couldn't be honest. But he couldn't lie either. There was only one thing that Dagny could do.

Misdirect, Act and let the people guess and came to their conclusions.

When it came to being a great actor and liar. Dagny doesn't believe in fooling yourself and believing in your lies. That kind of principle is too self-destructive. Just look at what happened to Ling Mufflier.

' Fool everyone but yourself. Lie to everyone and be true to yourself. '

It was better than the first one.

Eventually, after spending some time thinking while he was still lying in a hospital bed, Dagny fell asleep.

The next morning, Dagny was declared to be discharged from the Hospital, but before it can happen, Spinel is waiting for him to reveal any useful information that he gained from fake howl, the master manipulator behind the infiltration in Skyship Cassiopeia.