Chapter 12

[Chapter 12] Assistant

            Skuwwo is one of the countries in the Eastern Continent. It is where the Main Headquarters of Abyss Organization is located. The Capital of the Skuwwo is Swartaz.

In Manel, one of the towns in Swartaz, Kurota Tenji, and his subordinates live in a villa. This morning, as usual, Fleur Pesca woke up before the sun had risen. Tying up the apron on her waist, she has gone to Kitchen to prepare breakfast for herself and the other two residents of this house.

A fond smile was revealed on her face as she thought of Kurota Tenji but immediately disappeared replace by a struggling and guilty expression.

' He was just a poor child who doesn't know anything of right and wrong... How could I?.. No, fleur you can't think like that... Regardless of the tragedy that has befallen him. Tenji was still someone who killed a lot of people. He was a member of this ruthless and evil organization! This organization would be destroyed someday! Their crimes can't keep going forever... '

Fleur keeps psyching her up so that she wouldn't need to feel guilty about Tenji. But in the end, there was also another idle thought.

" But maybe Tenji wouldn't suffer much anymore when the organization is destroyed. We can capture Tenji and then we can reform him! "

Later with a gentle smile on her face, Fleur finished preparing their breakfast just in time for Tenji and Mufflier to arrive.

" Morning, Fleur. "

Fleur's eyes lit up as Tenji greeted her.

" Morning, young master! "

Mufflier who was watching the domestic scene has a complicated expression before it was suddenly replaced with an expression that belongs to a very loyal dog. A golden retriever.

Tenji nodded his head and responded to her greeting.

" Morning, Fleur. The breakfast smells appetizing and delicious. "

The three of them then sat on their respective seats and eat their breakfast which are placed on the table.

From the outsider's view, the 3 people are giving a homey and domestic feeling. Like a younger brother and his two older siblings. But if Dagny saw this domestic feeling, he would shudder and resist the urge to throw up.

Minutes later, when the trio finish eating their breakfast, Kurota Tenji's phone rang under the two curious of his two subordinates. He glances at the name of the caller. The two stared at him their eyes asking if they should leave or stay. Kurota Tenji then gestured for them to stay. The two were surprised for a second before they felt warm and happy expressions for a little bit.

This meant that Tenji trust them more now.

It is beneficial for the sake of gaining more very important information from the organization... And it shows that he cares about them.

Under the expectant gazes of his two 'loyal' subordinates, Tenji answered the call. But to their disappointment, they learned that it wasn't the Boss of the Abyss, Spinel, or the infamous Obsidian which was said to be the cruelest member of the Abyss and was also known as the boss black hound.

It was Garnet, the most promising member of the Development Department and also the self-proclaimed big sister and friend of Kurota Tenji. Masking their disappointment, they thought that maybe this isn't just Miss Garnet talking to Tenji about trivial matters this time but something else.

To their disappointment again, it was just Miss Garnet asking about Tenji's condition and discussing trivial matters with Tenji. But before the call ended, it seems that hope isn't lost.

[ Oh...by the way Tenji. We have a few new members here in the Development Department. I have also decided to take an assistant. I saw that your two weak subordinates could even have some benefits even if they are weak. ]

" Assistant? "

[ Yes. Assistant not Subordinate. Assistant. Someone who would just help me here in the lab by sorting out, listing out information for me, and cleaning. ]

" Congratulations. "

[ Just that reaction? I expected better from you Tenji! Your congratulations sounded monotone. It also sounds not sincere! ]

" How would I rectify it? "

Tenji tried to imitate a faint smile on his face. But to Fleur and Mufflier, it looks very creepy and off-putting. But they know that Tenji was trying his best according to their perception.

[ I have an off day next week! You better come with me along with my new assistant. Hmmm... Since I am bringing my new assistant, you can bring that two servants of yours. Unlike your suspicious servants, my assistant is better than them. Someone who knows how to keep their distance unlike yours! ]

" Then, I would bring them next week with me, Sumire. "

[ Don't just call me Sumire. I'm one year older than you! Big sis Sumire or Sister Ainsworth is the proper way to address me just like how I told you many times and I would keep reminding you till you call me that way. ]

Tenji made a humming tone it was like he was considering what she said but not really. After thinking a little bit, he decided to ask something.

" What is the identity of your assistant? "

[ Oh? Are you worried about me? .. You don't need to fret Tenji. It wasn't a recent recruit just like your servants, but someone who has been in the organization for a long time. The Development Department only recruits people who have been here in the Organization for more than 10 years so their loyalty to the Abyss is guaranteed. ]

" It's good. "

[ You know what? My assistant is also a little bit cute. But he wasn't as adorable and good-looking as you! ]

Tenji frowned when he heard Sumire's description of her assistant. Judging by the way that she described them as cute, then people who were older than her are not qualified to be called cute. She also mentioned that her assistant is a male.

After thinking a bit, someone has entered Tenji's mind. He has recently looked at that person's information and he has found something interesting regarding that person's background.

[ Dagny Scorpius is his name. If you are interested in knowing about him. ]

As expected...

Recently, Tenji was thinking of adding a third person to his list of subordinates. He doesn't care if they are weak as long as he can endure looking at them, it is fine.

Although lacking compared to his two subordinates, Tenji was pleasant enough to look at.

He has been on his list of candidates. It's a pity that Sumire Ainsworth has already gotten him. Other than that, there was a reason why he wanted to recruit him.

" Chernobog. "

He hasn't misheard it.

Tenji was certain that he called him by his real name.

He knows his real identity.

Is it a fluke?

Or is he like him, someone who was from the past and transmigrated here in the future?

Who is Dagny Scorpius?

Is he that person?

While Tenji was still on the call with Garnet/ Sumire Ainsworth, Fleur and Mufflier backed away from Tenji when they sense the intense killing intent coming from him.