seven

"You're dating him?" Jisung looked at me with disappointed eyes. "Why did you let him in when you wouldn't even let me near?"

"You're my best friend. I can only see you as a friend, a brother that I love very much." I replied, sighing as he looked so hurt. "I'm sorry that I couldn't let you in."

"We've known each other for years. You've known him for what? Like six months?" He was still so irritated, making my heart clench in guilt.

"It's been eight months," I replied, making him glare at me.

"Why would you take the risk with him? Why not with me?" He asked, still mad at me.

"Because he proved he could protect me," I answered, a little bluntly. He looked at me in shock, wondering where I got the nerve to be so curt with him. "The fans you have, though sometimes kind, are very vicious. They give so much hate to my sister and me for simply being related to Minho Oppa."

"But I can -"

"No. You can't guarantee it. You've tried for years. It's not worth trying to me. I'm sorry, but I won't do that." I cut him off, making him droop his shoulders in defeat.

"I truly do love you. I don't understand why you won't give me a chance." He whispered, making my heart break again.

"I know. And you're the best friend I need. But I can't do anything more than be a friend, I just can't. I'm truly sorry." I replied, sighing and then walking away.

I had told him about Yeonjun so that he wouldn't try anymore, but it still hurt to see his heart slowly break because of me. He was one I could trust, though, to not tell my mother about it, because he too disliked her strictness and would do anything to avoid having her near himself.

As I made my way back home, I decided to stop by the dorms and visit with Yeonjun and the boys. Pushing everything to the back of my mind, I knocked on the door.

"Minji Noona is here!" Taehyun announced, making everyone run over into the living room.

"You took so long," Soobin whined, hugging me and then tugging me to the couch. "We can finally play that match we've been wanting to do."

"Ooh, sounds fun!" I exclaimed, but not before being tugged by Yeonjun, who then proceeded to lift me into his arms and hold me like a sack of rice.

"Maybe another time. I've got to talk to her alone." He said, making the other boys either pretend to vomit or whine in annoyance.

"Ever since you started dating we don't get any time with her!" Beomgyu complained, making the others nod in agreement.

I could only shrug as he carried me across the dorm into his room, gasping for air as he dropped me from his arms so that he could close the door. I just sat on his bed, waiting for him to talk.

"I know that it's been a couple of months since I agreed, but this is the first time I've been in your room with the door closed," I said, a little nervous as he walked over to me.

"It's crazy, isn't it?" He replied, not focusing much anymore as he kissed me.

I melted in his touch, just letting him do whatever he wanted as we kissed. He laid us down, getting on top of me and holding me close. Realizing what he wanted, I started to get a little nervous.

"Are you alright?" He asked, stopping to look at me.

"I, I'm not ready for that," I whispered, making him chuckle.

"You can dance with Kai sunbae to Vanilla, but you can't make out with me?" He questioned, making me blush as I shoved him. He laughed as he made himself comfortable next to me. "What? Do you want him more than you want me?"

"You know I only have you in my heart," I told him, giggling as he pulled me into a hug.

"He is pretty hot though. I'd date him if he offered." He said, making me gasp and smack him again. "You know I only have you as well. Don't be so jealous."

"Tell yourself that," I muttered, making him laugh as he kissed me again. "What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Oh, right. I forgot because you're too pretty." He said, smiling at my blushed cheeks again. "We have an awards ceremony coming up, and I'd like you to be my date for the event."

"Ah, I see," I replied, making him chuckle.

"It's too much, right?" He asked, earning a nod.

"I'd love to go everywhere with you. I'm just scared of losing everything if I do. Does that make sense?" I replied, making him kiss me again.

"You won't lose me. You can live here if you truly do get kicked out." He told me, kissing me again and again until I agreed to move in if anything ever happened.

"Stop making out and let's eat something!" Soobin yelled through the door, making us both laugh before we got up and joined them at the table.

We ate and chatted for a while, just enjoying each other's presence. I didn't want to leave, but I knew I needed to so that my parents wouldn't worry about my whereabouts as the sun began to set.

"Let me walk you home, please?" Yeonjun begged, making me giggle as the soju from dinner kicked in.

"You can't, Oppa. They'll kill you." I replied, kissing him and making everyone groan from disgust. "I'll text you when I get home."

"You better. Otherwise, I'll call you until you pick up." He told me, sighing in defeat as I walked away from him.

"Why do you smell like alcohol? Have you been drinking?" My mother asked as I came in, stumbling a bit and still chuckling. "Did you go drinking, Minji?"

"Shh, they'll hear you and wake up," I replied, giggling still as I walked to my room. "I have to tell Oppa I'm home. He'll get upset if I don't."

"Who? Minho? Or are you finally dating someone?" My mother questioned, following me to my room. "Answer me, Minji!"

I didn't have time to answer before I blacked out, falling onto my bed without even changing or texting Yeonjun to tell him I was home.