twelve (final)

Two Years Later

That battle, though long and hard, was finally won. I proved my innocence after months of trials and taking the stand again and again.

My mother was found guilty of things I didn't even know she had done, including fraud and embezzlement, and sentenced to life in prison based on the compound sentences she'd received. Not once did she even fight it, even when given the diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder and ordered to seek help for it. She simply stared at me coldly, almost as if she was plotting my death.

Minjung was also arrested, charged, and found guilty of abuse, fraud, and even blackmail. She was sentenced to a few years in a mental hospital to take care of her narcissistic behavior. Dramatic as always, she refused and fought the whole way out of the courtroom, crying and screaming that she was innocent.

Every company that blacklisted me called, wanting me back and begging for forgiveness. But I declined almost all of them, knowing that I could only trust two of them.

"You're back!" Hoseok ran over to me, picking me up and squeezing me into a large hug. "We've missed you a lot."

"I can tell. But I can't breathe, Oppa." I replied, making him chuckle as he dropped me back to the ground. "I'm not dancing today, though. I'm just making my rounds and seeing who will schedule some dances with me in the future."

"Too bad, I've really missed dancing with you." He said, pouting a little.

"Don't flirt with my girlfriend, Hyung!" Yeonjun complained, whining like a child as he came into the room.

"I'm not! I'm being honest with my friend!" He replied, playfully punching Yeonjun.

"You two can continue your little brawl, but I need to run over to my other appointment, so I'll be leaving," I said, making them both turn and pout.

I laughed as I hugged each of them.

"Hoseok Oppa, I've missed you. See you later." I told him, kissing his cheek a bit just to hear Yeonjun gasp.

"Yah, those lips are mine only." He said, playfully glaring at me as I walked up to him.

I gently grabbed his shirt, my hands pressing onto his chest as I slowly made my way to embrace his neck. I could feel his heart race as he looked at me, not breaking eye contact once with me as I pulled him closer to me.

"Yeonjun-ah, I'll see you later tonight," I whispered, softly kissing his neck before running off.

As I ran through the doors, I could hear his complaints as loud as Hoseok's laughter. This feeling of freedom would always be worth seeing him like that.

"Kai Oppa," I said, smiling happily as he hugged me.

"We've missed you a lot over here. A talent like you is a treasure I fought hard to bring back!" He replied, earning a smile from me as he ruffled my hair a bit. "I'd also like to give you a formal congratulations on your relationship! Those boys are so kind and I'm happy you two met."

"Ah, thank you," I said, suddenly shy again at the mention of Yeonjun.

"The guys are looking forward to meeting you, too. And NCT plans on working with you in the future as well. You've got a lot of good things coming, I'm so proud of you for holding on." He told me, making me almost cry.

Kai had been my closest friend since the moment we met, and I was thankful for his big heart and mind demeanor. He knew everything that had happened and still held his door open when I needed to cry, risking his career by letting me be so close. I would always be thankful for him since he was like an older brother to me when I needed it the most.

When I got home, I was taken aback by how oddly quiet the whole dorm was. Looking around, I couldn't see any of the boys. There were only simple candles lit and a soft trail of rose petals leading off to the back door.

As I followed the path, I heard the gentle strumming of a guitar on the other side of the door. I smiled, knowing it was a song that Yeonjun only played for me when we were alone. Opening the door, I was pleasantly surprised to see all five boys, smiling at me in their favorite black suits.

Soobin and Beomgyu were to the left, standing with sparklers in their hands. Taehyun and Huening Kai were on the right, tossing petals everywhere to make the backyard a little romantic. Yeonjun was standing in the middle, a nervous but flirtatious expression on his face.

"What are you doing, you guys?" I asked, earning no response other than a chuckle from the five of them.

"I have a question for you, Minji-ah," Yeonjun replied, walking forward to meet me.

I found myself gasping as he knelt on one of his knees and pulled out a box, even though I could tell what was happening by all the obvious signs surrounding us. I felt tears form as he looked at me with his big eyes, a gentle smile on his lips as if he already knew my answer.

"Minji-ah, the love of my life and my soulmate forever and ever, I'd like to know if you're willing to put up with me for life?" He asked, making me chuckle as he opened the little box, revealing a small ring that would bind me to him as a wife for the rest of my life.

"Yeonjun Oppa," I whispered, not able to talk louder as I started crying.

All I could do was nod and hold my hand out to him. He smiled and slid the silver metal onto my finger, dropping the box and pulling me into a hug. The boys cheered and threw the last bit of the petals at us before joining in on the hug. We were all laughing and crying, but it felt good to be there in their arms.

"We all love you Minji-ah. Welcome home."

The End