-a realization- (18

Cinderheart felt Hollyleaf bury her muzzle into her fur, sobbing uncontrollably. Cinderheart began lapping Hollyleaf's pelt. After awhile it seemed Hollyleaf cried herself to sleep. She stared at the vampire, her jet-black fur was smooth and sleek, her scent was nature like- like leaves. She was bigger than Cinderheart, her paws and head laid on top of Cinderheart's back. Cinderheart's heart was pounding again just like when they went hunting, she felt warmer even though Hollyleaf herself was ice cold, she felt as if something was in her stomach like a bug.. butterflies?

Suddenly it hit Cinderheart Oh my StarClan... Am I in love with Hollyleaf?! She gazed at Hollyleaf her mind whirling HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN IN LOVE WITH HER??? All she could do was sit there and try to think, her heart was pounding even faster at that thought. WHAT IF SHE WAKES UP? SHE CAN HEAR MY HEARTBEAT CANT SHE? Cinderheart was a bit frantic but after a moment she couldn't help but feel calm, having Hollyleaf there was comforting to say the least. She eventually dozed off.

-A COUPLE HOURS LATER-

Cinderheart awoke with a prod "Wake up. You gotta return to ThunderClan" Cinderheart shifted and opened her eyes groggily, Hollyleaf was crouched over her, her emerald green eyes focused on Cinderheart "Oh right" groaned Cinderheart getting up "cya tomorrow" she meowed padding away "WAIT!" She halted and turned around Hollyleaf dashed to her side and pressed her muzzle against Cinderheart's shoulder, "wha-" she barley got a chance to process what Hollyleaf was doing, her heart pounded in her ears "Thank you" She whispered so softly Cinderheart could barely hear.

"For what?" She questioned counfused "for being the best friend and cat could ask for.." Hollyleaf purred pulling her head away and staring at Cinderheart, her emerald green gaze shimmering with emotion. Cinderheart felt her heart twist a bit at the words 'friend' but Cinderheart forced a smile "yeah! Your the best friend I could ask for aswell!" Cinderheart smiled Hollyleaf gave a wave of her tail and the two she-cats turned away from each other.

Cinderheart headed out her mind screaming at her to turn back and stay with Hollyleaf forever and ever and ever and- I have to return to my clan. Her gaze kept on her paws until she was at camp. She padded inside "Cinderheart!" "Hu-" She was thrown to the ground by Seedkit and Lilykit "where have you been?" "Yeah did the vampire attack you?" "Did you beat it up?" The kits bombarded her with questions "I- wha? How long was I-" She glanced at the sky it was dusk. She left not long before sun-high "oh great starclan" she softly pushed the kits off.

"So where were you?!" Asked Seedkit "Yeah!" Squeaked Lilykit "I went for a walk-" "a walk that was hours long?" Poppyfrost interrupted her gaze narrowed "Uh yeah" Cinderheart's sister's visibly winced in sadness. She knows I'm lying.. I'm so so sorry sis but I can't tell you!

"all cats old enough to catch their own prey come to the high ledge for a clan meeting!"

Bramblestar yowled standing up on the high ledge Squirrelflight sitting next to him. Cats began gathering underneath, Cinderheart headed over to Ivypool and sat next to her "what's this about?" "I dunno" Ivypool shrugged. "All cats! Recently a WindClan apprentice has been killed.."
"By what?" Asked Brightheart

"The- Vampire" Shocked gasps and yowls filled the air "WHAT?"
"WHEN?!"
"WHERE?!?!"
"WHO?!"
"WHY?!"

"Slow down!" called out Squirrelflight stomping her paws down "First it was yesterday, she and her friend were trying to catch it in the tunnels and they got chased out and she was killed. Her name was Featherpaw and her friend who survived is Hootpaw." She explained "Onestar wants a emergency gathering tomorrow night, until then stay away from the tunnels and stay calm!" Announced Bramblestar.

"Bramblestar!"

Every cat turned there gazed to the cat who stood up, Berrynose "Bramblestar you were my mentor. I trust you entirely but we have this thing in the tunnels and we're supposed to just stay calm?" He demanded "Yes there's nothing we can do until the gathering" Responded Squirrelflight. "Fox-dung! We can kill it!" "You can only kill it if we pull it out into sunlight" "then we do that!" "That's already been tried. And the cat who tried one's dead the other is injured." "There's more of us! A whole clan!"

"You want us to put the whole clan in danger for something that may not even work?!" Demanded Squirrelflight her lip curled at Berrynose "what is the vampire? Is it a badger, a cat, a two-leg, like what is it?" Called Daisy from the crowd. "A cat." Squirrelflight responded calmly. "Is it Hollyleaf?" Asked Hazeltail

"We don't know-" Squirrelflight looked a bit hurt at the thought of it being Hollyleaf. "Enough questions! Everyone keep calm and no leaving camp without telling any cat." Bramblestar yowled giving a look at Cinderheart. What? He knows I've been leaving camp?! She thought in shock

"Clan dismissed!"