-Ivypools visit- (21

Hollyleaf opened her eyes, the dark forest welcomed her... again. But this time Hollyleaf waited for Mapleshade to speak but no Mapleshade..? Hollyleaf looked around and continued to wait but there was nothing, it was relaxing to finally not see that... cat.

Hollyleaf woke up it was the first time in a while she had rlly gotten a good sleep. She couldn't wait to see Cinderheart. She really enjoyed Cinderheart's company... a lot to be honest it was really lonely ever since Fallen leaves's spirit had passed on during the great battle... She thought with a pang of sadness cause of the passing of her friend.

But then again it wasn't too sad she was a bit happy for him to finally get to reunite with his family. She smelt blood a bit far away, most likely at the ThunderClan entrance of the tunnels. It's Cinderheart! She thought with a pang of excitement she dashed to the entrance.

But there sat Ivypool..? Huh I was just wondering if she would visit again. She held in the shadows but there was no second heartbeat at least not a cat one. "Wheres Cinderheart?" She asked curiously slipping from the shadows. "Oh she's not coming today" Ivypool meowed simply. Hollyleaf tilted her head "why?! Is she dead?! Or sick?!" She asked frantically "What-?! No!" "So why isn't she coming?" "Poppyfrost snitched on her leaving camp and avoiding her warrior duties now she's banned from leaving camp unless on a patrol or, something for a quarter moon"

Ivypool explained "your first thought was really that she died-?" Ivypool asked a bit shocked "yeah! Cause she visits me every single day!" Hollyleaf retorted defending herself a bit. "And you don't get tired of seeing her every single day?" Ivypool narrowed her eyes "Nope." "How so?" Hollyleaf looked at Ivypool in confusion.

"Well first of all its lonely down here, 2 she's my best friend-" "why is she your best friend?" Ivypool insisted with her questions "uh well she's kind, very nice- well I guess that's what kind is. She's fierce, she's loyal, she's beautiful, she's one if not the best cat I've ever met! She has the eyes that remind me of the lake! I love spending time with her! She's friendly, she's the only cat who's really there for me in this time a-" the words were spilling out of Hollyleaf.

"So what's do you think of her?" Ivypool asked she had this shine in her gaze Hollyleaf couldn't read. "Uh- isn't it obvious? I love her!" Suddenly it hit Hollyleaf "oh" Hollyleaf sat down curling her tail over her paws, letting out a little awkward laugh "there it is! Knew it!" Ivypool announced standing up. The thought that Hollyleaf loved Cinderheart has never even sparked in her mind but it mad a lot of sense.

"So is that why you were asking all those questions?" "Yep." Ivypool gave her paw a lick and slipped it across her ear. "Why???" "No reason, so have you been getting dark forest dreams cause like... they made you or brought you back to life" Ivypool questioned, changing the subject "I- uh yes-" "Who's been visiting your dreams." She demanded her voice becoming very serious.

"Mapleshade" Hollyleaf groaned. "Mapleshade? You mean the new leader of the dark forest?" Ivypool asked in shock, before Hollyleaf could answer Ivypool continued "Mapleshade is the most manipulative cat there or... left there, do not fall for her tricks." Ivypool meowed her gaze and voice firm "I would never. I know she's evil." She returned firmly keeping her gaze locked with Ivypool's.

"Just because you know she's evil doesn't mean you won't fall for her tricks."

Authors note:
Merry Christmas!!! 🎅🎅