•high•

you were friends. that's all you ever were. y/n and sadie. until you ended up in this situation.

you were sitting opposite eachother in a spare bedroom, the music from the party downstairs loud against the bedroom walls. you were both smoking simultaneously, the smoke from your joints mixing together in the space between your bodies.

it was quiet between you two, the only sounds being your deep breaths with each hit and the occasional hum as you both felt the high deep within you.

you started to feel the room get hot and you assumed you were just feeling the weed but when you looked up at sadie you could tell she was feeling it too. her eyes were hooded slightly and she was looking at you intently, watching your face before her eyes flicked to your lips and then to your hands.

"y/n?" she whispered after she finished the joint.

"hm?"

she was staring at you.

"i feel like i want to kiss you, but i don't want to scare you." her eyes were flickering again.

"then do it." you smiled and before you knew it you were both leaning in and her lips pressed against yours. you felt electric, the feeling deep within your chest, spreading like wildfire to the top of your head and to the very tips of your toes.  you swore you could see actual sparks flying around you both like in the movies as your lips moved against eachother.

her hands moved to cup your face, where her thumbs stroked your cheeks softly. the feeling was better and more intense than any high you had ever felt and you swore it couldn't have got better. but it came to an end eventually, as air became a problem and you pulled away, both breathing deeply, and you moved your hands from her waist to lay them over hers, that were still pressed on either side of your face.

she was smiling lazily at you, lips still impossibly close as you both breathed hot air onto eachother due to your lack of breath. you leaned forward, pressing your forehead against hers as you stared deeply into eachothers eyes.

"sades?" you whispered, barely audible over the music still playing beneath you.

"yeah?" she smiled.

" i love you. more than a friend"

"oh yeah?" she smiled teasingly.

"mhm,"

and you began to kiss again, and you knew you would probably stay that way for the rest of the night. but you were okay with that, you would have stayed there with her in that moment forever if you could.