•protect you•

a/n
before i start this bro the queen just died, our country will never be the same. my brain is frazzled.

thank you for your service, we couldn't have had anyone better🙏🏼

                                      ————
you walked down the corridors of your new school, head tilted slightly down to avoid eye contact, although every now and then you could see the flash of orange hair from this one girl in your class. you didn't know who she was but you were intrigued by her.

you hadn't always had the best experiences at school and this time was no different. you were contstantly picked on and bullied.

you tried to increase your pace slightly to get past the large group of people crowding the hallway but your shoulder accidentally pushed into the wrong person and before you knew it you were being pushed up against the lockers, one of the boys hands around your throat while the other swung across your jaw.

"get the fuck off me" you spat as you kicked your arms and legs in a desperate attempt to escape, your jaw beginning to go numb as more punches were delivered to your face.

you started to get dizzy and the crowd of people around you were beginning to blur into one big blob until you saw that fiery red hair again, pushing through the crowd to get to you.

"hey!" she shouted, approaching the boy who's hands were still tight against you, fist ready to throw another punch. you were weak and could no longer fight back.

"hey get the fuck off of her!" she shouted again, brows furrowed as she quickly looked between the two of you.

the boy became nervous, and with one final glare from sadie your shoulders were released harshly and you fell to the floor, crumpling up against the lockers.

the crowd dispersed and sadie dropped quickly next to you, staring at you intently.

"hey," she said quietly, her hand reaching out to your face, turning your head towards her so she could get a look at your injuries.

the redhead grimaced slightly at the sight of your bruising face.

your hand came up to touch your jaw and you winced.

"hey don't touch it, you're gonna be fine, it's gonna be okay," she reassured, and you dropped your head beginning to cry.

sadie couldn't help but wrap her arm around your shoulder and brush her hand against your arm reassuringly.

"i'm so sorry that happened to you, are you okay though?"

you nodded,

"it just hurts," you whispered, the movement of your jaw causing a sharp pain to sear through your face.

"i know, i'm really sorry i wasn't there sooner,"

you shook your head, "its okay," and you offered the girl a small smile.

she smiled back, her blue eyes shining.

"i'm sadie by the way,"

"y/n"

"nice to meet you y/n, although i wish it wasn't under these circumstances. we should probably get you to the nurse though," and she stood up, reaching her hand out to you to pull you up from the floor.

it was lucky your face was bruising otherwise the redhead would have seen the blush quickly covering your cheeks as she walked you to the nurse, wanting to get to know you more.