•fail•

you walked with sadie along the school corridors
before you both had to go to your separate classes. you hated school and how quickly it could overwhelm you so sadie was always holding your hand when she could, and this time wasn't an exception.

the redhead stopped outside your classroom and nodded at you, squeezing your hand in hers one last time before dropping it.

"you've got it," sadie smiled, "i'll be out here waiting for you at the end, okay?"

and you nodded, turning on your heels walking into your english class while sadie watched you, making sure you got in there okay, before she headed off to her own class just down the hall.

you sat in your seat along with your classmates and it wasn't long before your teacher began to hand out the assignments you completed last week, hearing multiple praises from your teacher as she placed the papers on the many desks around you.

as she got to you and placed your assignment infront of you, you couldn't ignore the big red F on the corner of the paper.

"i thought you would do better on this y/n, if you're struggling we can find ways to help you, okay?" your teacher said from above you, but your eyes were fixed on the paper infront of you.

any other words spoken to you were muffled as you placed your headphones over your ears and stood up from your seat, bringing your failed assignment with you as you walked out the class, not hesitating to crumple the paper up and toss it in the bin as you headed to sadies class.

sadie caught your eye through the door as you slouched against the wall, and you watched as she excused herself from her class. seconds later the door opened revealing the redhead.

"you're supposed to be in english," she said but you just shrugged and sadie nodded.

"okay, let's go,"

and you began to walk down the hall together. you were quiet, and sadie knew something must have happened for you to appear outside of her classroom so shortly after the lesson had started, so she instinctively grabbed your hand and ran her thumb across it.

"you can tell me if anything happened y/n," her voice was so soft and you just shook your head and sighed.

"it's just- i failed my english assignment. again. and i know it's not a big deal but my parents are gonna lose their shit sades," and the redhead squeezed your hand again and frowned deeply.

"it's okay y/n-"

"no. it's not okay sadie," you frowned and stopped in your tracks in the corridor.

"y/n-"

"i just can't do it, i can't do it anymore,"  you brought your hands up to your face, breathing deeply.

sadie lifted your arms away from your face and held them in hers, noticing the way your eyes were glossing over with tears and she nodded, bringing you into a tight hug.

"you can love, i promise. you're going to smash the next one i know it," she smiled as she squeezed you tightly and attempted to swing you around in her arms, causing your pained face to break out into a smile against her chest.

"you're such a goof," you laughed as you looked up at her.

the redhead shrugged and smiled.

"yeah, but you love me"

and you nodded,

"so much."