•fight•

you were fighting. it was stupid and you both knew it but your voices were becoming louder each second and the words leaving both of your mouths becoming harsher. it was dark in the kitchen as the sun had long gone, and you were standing opposite eachother, your hands gripping the kitchen counter top tightly.

you were crying and although sadie felt the need to comfort you she was also hurting, both of you saying things you didn't really mean out of anger in the moment. while sadie was fuelled with anger you were fumbling through your anxious thoughts, worried for your relationship with the girl. this fight was different and you worried you wouldn't come back from it together.

sadie was yelling louder and louder and her hands came up to pull at her hair and before you could even say another word the redheads hand came in contact with your cheek, causing you to gasp and stumble back, your cheek stinging from the force.

sadie retracted her hand quickly as her heart dropped into her stomach.

"y/n-"

you hand came up to touch your cheek and sadie reached out for you, but before she could even say anything you were rushing out the front door and down the street in the night air.

your mind was rushing with thoughts and you were so deeply hurt you could feel it in your chest. you never thought sadie would lay a hand on you. ever.

you sat on a curb and started to cry again, the previously dry tears now wet again as you couldn't ignore the dampness on your cheeks running down your neck.

you sat like that for a while, starting to wonder if sadie would ever come looking for you, or if you would ever go back.

that was until you heard the redhead calling your name.

"y/n!" sadie rushed to your side, desperately reaching out for you but you pulled back.

"no sadie. please just stop. don't touch me."

"y/n-" sadie softened, now sitting beside you from a distance as if she were dealing with a wild animal, with the same care and caution.

her hand reached out and cupped your cheek that was red and hot from her hand, and she brushed her thumb against it gently.

you blinked and fresh tears fell from your eyes onto sadies fingers against your face.

"i never thought you would hit me," you said it so quietly but the redhead heard it clearly and if the guilt wasn't already eating her up inside, it was now.

"y/n i'm so sorry," and you finally looked up at her, seeing her own tears fall from her eyes. she hated herself in that moment, the feeling that she had messed it all up was growing quickly.

"i swear i never meant to lay a hand on you, you know that don't you. please tell me you know that," she was desperate, her own words now choked with tears. you nodded your head that was still cupped in her hands, sniffing slightly as you did so.

"i was just angry and i know that's no excuse but i swear that will never happen again,"

"i know sades,"

and the girl pulled you into a hug, arms wrapped tightly around eachother as if the two girls would never see eye to eye again. so much was felt within the hug. the guilt, the sadness, the hurt, but most importantly love. the undying love you had for eachother, that you would always have for eachother.

it was just a blip, and you would work through it. you always did.

a/n
ahh so this was a request and it was really fun to write so thank youuuu
also i've just started college and that's disgusting but that's why the updates have been slow
if you have any more requests feel free to comment themmm