•eat•

tw: mentions of depression and other mental health disorders/issues around food, please don't read if this is a sensitive topic for you and i'm always here if you need to talk!

"hey love," sadie whispered as she sat on the bed beside you. you looked up at her tiredly and offered her the smallest smile that almost went unnoticed by the redhead.

"you okay?" sadie asked, her hand reaching out to brush through your hair comfortingly. you just shrugged. you hadn't been feeling very good recently, your mental health declining. sadie had witnessed it more times than she could count, so when you text her asking her to come over the girl dropped everything she was doing.

you sat up and leaned against the headboard, shoulders tense and your mind whirring. you sighed and sadie hummed quietly, one hand holding yours while the other was still brushing through your hair softly.

"i'm just tired," you mumbled, and the redhead saw the tears brimming your eyes. "i just don't think i can do it anymore sades." you were so quiet but the words were ringing loud in sadies ears. she missed you when you were like this, she hated seeing you so sad. you didn't deserve it. she instinctively wrapped her arms around you tightly and you rested your head on her chest.

"i know y/n, but you've got this. you always have. i promise."

"just please don't leave me" you were crying now, words muffled against the girls chest.

"i won't y/n i promise, i'm here," she hushed, hand rubbing your back.

you stayed like that for a while, no words needed to be said as being in sadies arms was all you really cared about it that moment. you didn't need her to say anything, her holding you seemed to fix every problem you had.

after a while sadie spoke up,

"when was the last time you ate something?"

you shrugged

"like 2 days ago maybe, i haven't been able to get out of bed."

sadies heart sunk in her chest.

"okay, it's okay i'll go and get you something love, stay here." she gave you a kiss to your forehead and returned a moment later with some of the food you made and kept in the fridge.

she handed it to you and you poked and prodded at it for a while, before sadies hand layed over yours that was twisting your fork around in the bowl.

"eat, please y/n, i want you to feel better" sadie pleaded, and you did. only managing a few bites before you stopped and shook your head.

"i'm so proud of you love," sadie wrapped her arms around you again and pulled you both down on the bed, wanting to hold you close until you felt better, no matter how long it would take.